ARRRGH My Universal Remote Set Up Is Not Working. Can anyone please help?

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Toshiba SD 4000 - DVD player. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Actually the player is a stand alone 3900. A workhorse and one day I’ll replace it…but in the meantime I’ve lost my original remote and so picked up a Philips Universal Digital DVD PMDVD6. It’s asking me for the code on the Toshiba player ??? Nothing matches up. Do I have to hook my TV up to the new remote as well first?Any advice will be appreciated.
Thank you as I am going nuts.
Fhionn:confused::a:sad:

http://www.remotecodelist.com/remotes/philips/philips_pmdvd6.html

these are the codes from the web site are they the same you tried?

TOSHIBA 0041, 0441, 0998, 0094, 0999

have you tried this?

Code Search (by Device)

If after trying “Direct Code Entry” or “Code Search (by Brand)” your device does not respond, or if your brand is not listed, try doing a device search of the code library for your code by following the steps below.

1. Manually turn on the device (TV, VCR, etc.) to be controlled.
  2. Press and hold the CODE SEARCH button until the red indicator stays on, then release the CODE SEARCH button.
  3. Press and release the desired Mode button (TV, VCR, etc.). The red indicator blinks, then stays lit.
  4. Press the CHANNEL UP button repeatedly (up to 300 times) until the device to be controlled changes channel. The red indicator blinks, the stays lit.
  5. Press and release MUTE to install the code

Thank You!! I will try this later today as I work the night shift and it is definetely bedtime…
Fhionn :slight_smile:

did it work?