ARRGGHH..transcoding problem!

vbimport

Hi again… Im trying to burn a dvd using my own menu… using nerovision express 3…

I have done it fine three times tonight… but on one specific movie file… it wont transcode it, so im unable to include it to my movie… whats going on…the error message I get is…

X unable to prepare data for recording. Prepare session failed: Transcoding of videos failed…

Im importing three titles from a non copy protected dvd… there are three episodes on my dvd, so i thought it would be a good idea to insert a menu, so I can select each episode instead of having to search thru the whole dvd… Im able to input menus on everything else im working with… but it seems that one particular VOB file wont transcode… why is this… I even put the whole thing thru dvd shrink, to see if that would help…but no such luck…the programmes dont exceed the space… so I dont see what the problem is… any one had this problem before, or any idea how to resolve it… the troublesome file playes fine on a normal burn… no errors whatsoever… its perfect playback… so im really cheesed off at the mo… am I doing summat wrong…

Caz :a

If you’re working with MPEG2 files then you shouldn’t need to “transcode” anything, unless the three titles are at different bitrates or aspect ratios.

If your DVD player will read VOB or MPG files directly, then as long as each one is less than 2 GB, just burn the three files to a disc as data (rather than DVD-Video). Then your player should put up a rudimentary menu from which you can select.