Arrests made in ring that sold human fat, Peru says

vbimport

Two of the suspects were arrested November 3 as they left a transport business with a plastic container with human fat in it.

The fat was sold in Peru and Europe and used for commercial purposes, Peruvian officials said.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/11/20/fat.dead.humans.peru/index.html

So you in Europe want to by human fat well I got some extra on me my wife would like to to get rid of but I do not want to get killed to sell it. If you can remove it and pay me a lot of money we got a deal.

Other products used by the same buyers?!.. :doh:

Not sure I’d recognize a Fava bean if it bit me, but I can spot a nice bottle of Chianti…

Also, what “commercial purposes”? The best use for human fat that I’ve seen was in Fight Club!

[QUOTE=midders;2467256]Also, what “commercial purposes”? The best use for human fat that I’ve seen was in Fight Club![/QUOTE] In another article I read that it was intended for cosmetics use, but I don’t know if that is fact or just a guess.

Yes cosmetics do you really want to go around wearing my fat?

Dang…good thing they didn’t go hunting in my local Walmart. It really would have been a massacre.

Every time I go in there I have to refrain from yelling out “Man the harpoons. Here there be whales!”

Reminds me of the cannibals eating a clown…

:doh:

[QUOTE=deanimator;2467284]Reminds me of the cannibals eating a clown…

:doh:[/QUOTE]

They taste funny? :confused:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2467273]Dang…good thing they didn’t go hunting in my local Walmart. It really would have been a massacre.

Every time I go in there I have to refrain from yelling out “Man the harpoons. Here there be whales!”[/QUOTE]

Yes and they are riding the electric carts and pariking in the parking and buying the sweet things they do not need.

This story turns out to be mainly a fabricated lie by a crime investigator:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8389901.stm

Peru’s police chief has suspended a top investigator for saying he had caught a gang who were murdering people to sell their fat.

Look at all the fat McDonalds sells, and they don’t get in trouble.

Well I guess that is the fat of that story.

If they are getting $15,000 per liter of human fat then why aren’t plastic surgeons doing liposuction for free and selling the fat? I’ll let them suck the fat out of me and split the proceeds of selling my ample fat reserves with the doctor. Then give me another year and I’ll be ready to let him harvest another crop. :slight_smile:

I see a new source for bio-diesel. Maybe someone could engineer a plug that would go directly into an unfortunately obese person and you could lipo-convert-commute, all in one shot. You would have to take the person where they were going, or just marry someone really fat, or as in my case, I would be on an auto-diet.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2471498]I see a new source for bio-diesel. Maybe someone could engineer a plug that would go directly into an unfortunately obese person and you could lipo-convert-commute, all in one shot. You would have to take the person where they were going, or just marry someone really fat, or as in my case, I would be on an auto-diet.[/QUOTE]

Already Done That

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2471522]Already Done That[/QUOTE]

That’s why I’m not rich. I’m not a plastic surgeon and someone else always thinks of the ideas first.:iagree: