Arita discs - Any good?

vbimport

Perhaps this thread should be renamed how much can this thread can annoy people :wink:

I always see Arita discs online for being the cheapest discs. I haven’t had brilliant results on Arita CD-Rs, but I think that was on a faulty burner. How are they in the DVD department?

Arita are Ritek, so I presume Arita 16x generation will use RitekF1 / RitekF16?

Arita are value grade Ritek discs that usually have several different batches mixed per spindle; you’ll get a mixture of burns per pack that vary from very good to very poor because some of the batches are just short ends where there were not enough to form a full pack. Ridata are the premium line for Ritek, and you will find that a pack is almost always from the same batch. Yes, the +R are a mix of Ritek F16 (mostly now), Ritek P16, Ritek R04, Ritek R05, RicohJPNR 03. I don’t burn -R so can’t tell you what discs to expect, but I would expect mostly Ritek F1 now.

So are Arita basically the low grade leg end scrap of the Ritek chicken?

Interesting, I was curious to see what Arita are like in their DL department? I’ve had a good experience with AOne DL discs, all verifying back okay two months after I burned it :slight_smile: Though two months is nothing really; It does give me a lot of promise instead of the outright failures I’m accustomed to. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dalen Quaice;2606062]Arita are value grade Ritek discs that usually have several different batches mixed per spindle; you’ll get a mixture of burns per pack that vary from very good to very poor because some of the batches are just short ends where there were not enough to form a full pack. Ridata are the premium line for Ritek, and you will find that a pack is almost always from the same batch. Yes, the +R are a mix of Ritek F16 (mostly now), Ritek P16, Ritek R04, Ritek R05, RicohJPNR 03. I don’t burn -R so can’t tell you what discs to expect, but I would expect mostly Ritek F1 now.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice if they MARKED which are which… then you could decide what to put on each disc! Also, hopefully you won’t be screwed by having more poor discs than good (or mediocre) ones. :slight_smile: