Ares just says Connecting

vbimport

I haven’t used it lately but i wanted to search for one song and not a complete album…so when i booted it up and waited for it to finish hashing…took over 30 minutes for 2500+ files …it still says connecting
and will not let me do a search…i went to see what version and its 2.0.9.3030 i think thats the most recent one…am i doing something wrong or what?..it had worked very easy before…

[QUOTE=Sexy_Southerner;2068796]I haven’t used it lately but i wanted to search for one song and not a complete album…so when i booted it up and waited for it to finish hashing…took over 30 minutes for 2500+ files …it still says connecting
and will not let me do a search…i went to see what version and its 2.0.9.3030 i think thats the most recent one…am i doing something wrong or what?..it had worked very easy before…[/QUOTE]
Have you checked you Firewall? Or Opened some more ports?

I had the same problem, I went to options then lowered the port number. It’s set at 11000 or something. It set it to 600, and I connected just fine.

I had messed with a few ports but nothing that radical…i’ll give it a try…thanks

are you behind a router?

yeah i am… its just a built-in cable modem router…it had not been a problem till a couple weeks ago…
doesn’t matter
not now…i’m using frostwire now :smiley: