Are you happy with your BTC drive?

Come on guys, lets hear it from you, the BTC DRW owners out there: Are you satisfied with your drive or not?

I´m Happy with BTC 1008

No Prob´s and the Software is fine.:smiley:

cu
Ratz

No, I returned it last week and bought a Pioneer A06.
To much troubles with the BTC drive.

I’m still waiting for a firmware that delivers better write quality for more (inexpensive) media.

If I hadn’t cut the UPC off the box to send in for a rebate, mine would belong to Officemax again! And as far as I know, the support sux. I have heard several people boast of Marco helping out, but it seems he left right when I starting comming here(mid December).

I’m currently in possession of 17 BTC1004IM’s and three BTC1008IM’s.

Build quality is good, and it is aesthetically pleasing.

They are quiet in operation and have amazing error correction abilities.

Ripping badly scratched CD/DVD’s with them is just a breeze.

Half the fun I’ve had is from reading this forum - the absurd comments, the naivety of some owners, the dis-information that gets perpetuated every now and then,…

It just puts a big knowing smile on my face.

Hardware wise, the drives are still a bit troublesome.

The firmware just hasn’t reached a sufficient level of maturity for me to release them into the wild.

So, on that score, I’m going to reserve judgement on them for the time being.

Originally posted by Quaxx

The firmware just hasn’t reached a sufficient level of maturity for me to release them into the wild.

So, on that score, I’m going to reserve judgement on them for the time being.

Same here …

I guess that BTC is short for Burn That Coaster :):):slight_smile:

Ripping badly scratched CD/DVD’s with them is just a breeze
Totally agree. Anyone knows if their DVD-ROM drives are just as good with scratched media?

Cheers,
Peter

i’d return it if I could, but i cant…

After upgrading to fw 0048 I haven’t had any problems using Memorex 4X DVD +R discs. I am very pleased with my BTC1004 drive.

my btc 1004 works great…haven’t had any burn issues, currently on 048 firmware. I’ve used Memorex +R 4x (Ricoh i believe), HP +R 2x (CMC) and just today some Starlogic -R (Princo)…haven’t had any problems so guys there are some good btc’s out there! :bigsmile:

Skeet

I have a Pioneer 05, the BTC 1004 and a Lite-On 811s. They all have their good and bad points. I flashed the BTC to fw 47 as soon as I brought it home and have been pleased with it. It has burned Fuji DVD-R and DVD+RW (4x), Ritek 03 DVD-R, Imations DVD-R and DVD+RW, Extreme DVD-R (4x), CompUSA DVD-R and Optodisc DVD-RW. The only issue has been with a Princo DVD-RW, but that’s a piece of junk. Overall I would say the Pioneer is better than both the BTC and Lite-On for DVD-R and DVD-RW. Yet, I remember all the forums whining about media when I first bought that drive too. The BTC and Lite-On both do a fine job on the DVD+ media I have. I go to the Lite-On forums once in a while and I see them having similar problems with cheap media and DVD- stuff. Bottomline - I’m okay with the drive.

I like the burner very much. It makes me not paying so much money into the domain of dual DVD. I now stick the burner with Maxmax 1-4X DVD-R(MID is GSC001) and Ritek 4X DVD+R(MID is RICONJPNR01) and they are great. I only argue that the burner can’t update the firmware by using external box. It is not convenient for many NOTEBOOK users.

Every company has their policy. Maybe BTC company don’t like Macro BTC(represented by the manufacturer) to touch the endusers directly. I respect Macro BTC no matter what he has decided to do.

My btc1004 doesn’t work fine with DVD & CD media…
I burn with nero 5.5.10.x CDRW TDK and IMATION media and checked verified written data but always failed result!!!
I burn DVD-R Magnex and Ko, i burned TDK +R 4x and result is work only BTC drive!!!

bye

So far, I’m pretty happy with my 1008. It seems very solid and I’ve burned a couple CDs with it and no coasters. The only problem I’ve had is that I can’t flash the firmware (PC just locks up every time).

i´m also very happy with my drive to, i found the right media for me, that´s all.

Just use the right media to burn … and it works very fine.:cool:

Originally posted by Billiam247
So far, I’m pretty happy with my 1008. It seems very solid and I’ve burned a couple CDs with it and no coasters. The only problem I’ve had is that I can’t flash the firmware (PC just locks up every time).
Ask Marco for DOS version of the flasher

I’m quite happy with my 1004 too.
Right now I found the right media (PRODISCS03) and everything is ok. I tried also, with success, OPTODISCK001 and Verbatim TY DVD-R. :slight_smile:

My drive works great, too many people try to find the limit of the drives capability instead of sticking to a media that works.

My analogy is use media that works and stick with it. Only use media that works and don’t complain when you buy crap discs that don’t work.

Too many people with problems shouldn’t be using DVD+/-RW drives because of their inexperience and lack of knowledge on the topic. DVD+/-R / RW drives are not for your average person…at least not yet.