Are you experiencing FULL High Definition?

What’s your system?

So you think analog is better than optical?

Almost there, still have to get a Hi-def HDMI receiver (probably April) then I will be complete or obsolete.:slight_smile:

Well i guess i’m nearly but i thought optical was better than analog :confused:

There really isn’t any difference between 5:1 analog and 5:1 MPCM over HDMI, in terms of quality. Both deliver “lossless” audio. Don’t confuse 2-ch analog with 5:1 (6-ch) analog. Only a few players offer 6-ch analog, and are much desired for folks with non-HDMI AVRs.

[QUOTE=CDan;2004930]There really isn’t any difference between 5:1 analog and 5:1 MPCM over HDMI, in terms of quality. Both deliver “lossless” audio. Don’t confuse 2-ch analog with 5:1 (6-ch) analog. Only a few players offer 6-ch analog, and are much desired for folks with non-HDMI AVRs.[/QUOTE]:\ i don’t use MPCM the way i have my receiver and A3 set up with optical audio out.

With my current JVC RX-5032V receiver I have Optical, Coax or 2 ch analog in so I can’t use the 5.1 analog off my Samsung or Toshiba. But the Yamaha RX-663 will have the inputs.:iagree:

47" 1080p LCD TV here with a Blu-ray and HD-DVD player. The 7.1 receiver is not HDMI though - only 5.1 analog and optical/coaxial inputs.

EDIT: Argh - ignore the rest of this post. There’s another thread on the topic.

Optical all the way.

This is as good as it’s going to get for me for awhile. Maybe a BD burner later when they get to a reasonable price.

Samsung LN-T4671. 46", 120Hz LCD TV
4 Polk Audio Monitor 30 Surround speakers.
2 Polk Audio Monitor 40 Front ch Speakers
1 Polk Audio CS1 Center channel Speaker.
I Polk Audio PSW110, 10" Subwoofer.
I Harmony 880 Universal remote.
Currently the Monitor 40’s are not hooked up as I am renting a condo with very thin walls and I am sure my neighbors wouldn’t appreciate it. Probably don’t as it is.:stuck_out_tongue:

Toshiba A35 HD-DVD Player.
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-ray Player.
Onkyo TX-SR705 AVR.
Old JVC 5 disc CD player.
Motorola HD Cabe Box.

55 Blu-ray Movies (some on loan)

36 HD-DVD Movies with 10 more freebies to come from.

I will not buy anything else! I will not buy anything else! I will not buy anything else! I will not buy anything else!

Very nice crossg :clap: but i would still hook up the 40’s :cool: :iagree:

Yo-

Toshiba HD - A3 via hdmi to Onkyo TX-SR805 via hdmi to Hitachi 57 inch UltraVision HD-PTV-eh

Samsung 1400, Samsung 46" LCD HD, and saving for an Onkyo receiver now.

[quote=Bob;2024538]Very nice crossg :clap: but i would still hook up the 40’s :cool: :iagree:[/quote] Ended up replacing the 40’s with Monitor 50’s (more oomph) and after some frustration with Audyssey’s Auto speaker setup (crossovers) :rolleyes: I set them manually to 80Hz and it sounds great with the 7.1 DSP modes so far. Too bad for the neighbors.:bigsmile:

Yo Kipper-

Welcome to the Onkyo TX-SR805 owners club-

Let us know how you like the new receiver-eh!!!