[QUOTE=Zathros;2118322]They are the only ones who’ll take the job. I had the same experience in the U.K.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I think that anybody who wants political power should be immediately banned from ever having it! Anyone seen “Harrison Bergeron”, an interesting film where they pick the president for the next term at random from the phonebook…
… I would kill for some Fish n Chips though. I can’t get the recipe right here. They just don’t taste the same.
You’re probably using clean oil to deep fry it For that authentic taste you should always make sure that the oil is at least two weeks old and has already been used to fry at least three of the following :p:
- several tonnes of out-of-date potatoes
- a small but significant percentage of the remaining atlantic stocks of cod, covered in batter made from off-beer and cigarette ash
- a random assortment of Mars Bars, Malteasers, the odd cockroach and a couple of hairs from the chippy’s dog
- anything that fell on the floor of the chippy on it’s journey between the fridge/freezer and the customer’s plate
- a selection of baked beans, half-tomatoes, and bits of egg and bacon that fell into the fryer when being taken off the grill above
When cooked, cover the results in watered-down vinegar and salt that is about 50% sodium carbonate to prevent it turning into one big lump in the corrosive atmosphere, then wrap in old newspaper and sit on for the length of the journey home from the chippy. Tah-dah
… Putin just blamed us for the Georgia conflict, he says we were behind it. I wouldn’t put it past “W” (Bush in formal speak) but I don’t think he is that smart (but he could be that dumb).
I think Robin Williams said it best when he came up with the idea that Reagan was Disney’s last wish; I think maybe he started a trend…