Are windows updates changing my computer for win 10?

vbimport

Are these windows updates slowly changing my machine to accept windows 10?
It seems a few things have either been altered, or stopped working. The most annoying thing is the large on screen caps lock notification from my Cherry keyboard has disappeared and will not come back whatever I do.
Has anyone else seen odd things like this?

[QUOTE=voxsmart;2756683]Are these windows updates slowly changing my machine to accept windows 10?
It seems a few things have either been altered, or stopped working. The most annoying thing is the large on screen caps lock notification from my Cherry keyboard has disappeared and will not come back whatever I do.
Has anyone else seen odd things like this?[/QUOTE]

You should also contact the keyboard maker and tells them about this so they can fix it as well if MS did something the keyboard maker needs to know about this.

[QUOTE=voxsmart;2756683] the large on screen caps lock notification from my Cherry keyboard [/QUOTE]
[B]I wish my keyboard had that feature .[/B] or maybe I should say my computer.

I agree with coolcolors contact the keyboard manufacturer first.
Maybe their support is already aware of this. They couldn’t be any worse than MS support would be.
Then MS support if that fails.

do not want to get into a tiff with anyone, but the question was “Are these windows updates slowly changing my machine to accept windows 10?”, I was wandering the same thing, is MS slowly changing our OS so that we have to eventually go to 10, But I do agree with going to the manufacture for the problem.

Marty