Are Verbatim MII LightScribe DVD+R/-R Discs anygood?

Hi

Are Verbatim MII LightScribe DVD+R/-R Discs anygood???

Thanks
NBK

Never had any problems with MII verbatim, i only had one lightscribe dvd+r MII and it plays fine.

I have a number of Verbatim Lightscribe MCC 004s, divided into two categories:
12-odd plain beige/gold Lightscribe DVDs, MCC 004, Made in India.
About 10 or 15 Colour Lightscribe DVDs, MCC 004, Made in Taiwan, all some class of PAPA, 05 & 06.

I can only comment on the intial results, since I don’t have any of these discs for more than a few months. With the MII Lightscribe Verbatims, TRT + QualityScan results are similar to those I get with PAPA Verbs and 8x Taiyo Yudens. All the aforementioned media has worked in standalones when tried.

The only problems you can expect to have are problems with Lightscribe label fading.

[QUOTE=SeanW;2118926]I have a number of Verbatim Lightscribe MCC 004s, divided into two categories:
12-odd plain beige/gold Lightscribe DVDs, MCC 004, Made in India.
About 10 or 15 Colour Lightscribe DVDs, MCC 004, Made in Taiwan, all some class of PAPA, 05 & 06.

I can only comment on the intial results, since I don’t have any of these discs for more than a few months. With the MII Lightscribe Verbatims, TRT + QualityScan results are similar to those I get with PAPA Verbs and 8x Taiyo Yudens. All the aforementioned media has worked in standalones when tried.

The only problems you can expect to have are problems with Lightscribe label fading.[/QUOTE]

Hi SeanW,

I did not know that LightScribe label fades!!! Is it peculiar to MII discs or MIT discs?

Thanks
NBK

it didn’t fade my first Light Scribe media with LG GSA-4166B and GSA-2166D about 3 or 4 years ago ???
I don’t remember :doh:
HP DVD+R ( MCC003 ) Light Scribe v1.0
HP CD-R ( Verbatim AZO ) Light Scribe v1.0

I don’t have a large variety of Lightscribe media, so I can’t really make comparisons to much else.

But I can tell you that Lightscribe labels are known in some cases to fade.

My MBI MCCs have been somewhat prone to doing this. On some of the discs, there has been a noticable loss in contrast over the past few months (most of that happened within a few weeks, little or no degradation since), but none of them are illegible. Others from the same manufacturer/line have held their labels perfectly.
I have not noticed this with the PAPA Colour Lightscribe Verbs, and only a small amount maybe with some Infiniti branded MBIL Colour Lightscribe’s.

[QUOTE=SeanW;2119082]I don’t have a large variety of Lightscribe media, so I can’t really make comparisons to much else.

But I can tell you that Lightscribe labels are known in some cases to fade.

My MBI MCCs have been somewhat prone to doing this. On some of the discs, there has been a noticable loss in contrast over the past few months (most of that happened within a few weeks, little or no degradation since), but none of them are illegible. Others from the same manufacturer/line have held their labels perfectly.
I have not noticed this with the PAPA Colour Lightscribe Verbs, and only a small amount maybe with some Infiniti branded MBIL Colour Lightscribe’s.[/QUOTE]

Hi

I should avoid MBI made MCC 004’s.

Thanks
NBK

I wouldn’t necessarily say to do that, since Lightscribe tech is imperfect it can be like that sometimes. I really don’t have enough experience to say for certain that MBI Plain Lightscribe coatings are significantly worse than any others per se, and since they’re good quality MCC/Verbs underneath, they’re a good choice for any long term storage.

[QUOTE=NBK;2119091]Hi

I should avoid MBI made MCC 004’s.

Thanks
NBK[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree :flower:

My own MBIL MCC004s have performed excellently, my Samsung and LG drives love them. Same goes for my MBIL LightScribe MCC004. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2119260]I completely disagree :flower:

My own MBIL MCC004s have performed excellently, my Samsung and LG drives love them. Same goes for my MBIL LightScribe MCC004. :)[/QUOTE]

As i said, no problems with MII, i really don’t understand why some people don’t like them.
What can i say, maybe the need to see the results in MIC verbs.

Hmmm… I never had MBI made MCC004
I try couple 25pack ( MBI made MCC004 / light scribe ) next week
( Give up already MBI made [B]MCC 03RG20 / MKM001[/B] this week )

Hi

I noticed that Office Max only had Verbatim branded MII LS gold 30-packs. I bought the last MIT LS 30-pack…

NBK

all MII LS media ( Gold ) in My location
myabe start on sale tomorrow Micro Center ( MII LS media / $10.99 My guess )

I got one 30pack [B]DVD+R LS ( MII ) [/B]today Micro Center $10.99 ( on sale ) :smiley:

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2120322]I got one 30pack [B]DVD+R LS ( MII ) [/B]today Micro Center $10.99 ( on sale ) :D[/QUOTE]

Hi Burnsama,

Do you plan to post some ‘quality scans’?

NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2120323]Hi Burnsama,

Do you plan to post some ‘quality scans’?

NBK[/QUOTE]

Sorry Not right now
Tomorrow Night
I just start Install new HDD ( Bigger ) and OS… Two PC and one laptop
Refresh whole my system :slight_smile:

Verbatim DVD+R 16X ( MCC004 ) MII Light Scribe
Pioneer 215D v1.18 / Nero CD/DVD Speed 4.7.7.16
Burn Speed 4X

Verbatim DVD+R 16X ( MCC004 ) MII Light Scribe
Pioneer 215D v1.18 / Nero CD/DVD Speed 4.7.7.16
Burn Speed 6X

Thanks Burnsama,

NBK

MII MCC 004 are in my experience excellent quality discs, at least on the data side, I’m not sure how from reading this thread you would come to believe otherwise.

Once I get my rebadged BenQ DW1640 :slight_smile: I’ll take some quality scans of my MII LS MCC 004s and post em here if you would like such information.