Are Verbatim 4x Blu-ray Blanks More Reliable Than 2x?

hi everyone,

i wanted to know if verbatim (or the Japanese Mitsubishi Verbatim brand) blu-ray blanks that are BD-R DL 4x 50GB or BD-R 4x 25GB reliable? in the past i always bought 2x but wasn’t sure if the 4x line was reliable enough to ensure the least amount of coasters possible. 2x is beginning to be a bit too slow to burn for me so i was interested in 4x and wanted to ask what you guys thought before buying a pack.

I use the Verbatim 4x 25gb BD-R disks and have had no problems with them. I use the regular, inorganic dye layer variety, [B]NOT[/B] the LTH Verbatim disks.

Which burner are you using? I have an LG GGW-H20L that has been consistently good with these disks at 4x.

Haven’t tried any 50gb disks and probably won’t bother with them, but someone around here surely has.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2566902]I use the Verbatim 4x 25gb BD-R disks and have had no problems with them. I use the regular, inorganic dye layer variety, [B]NOT[/B] the LTH Verbatim disks.

Which burner are you using? I have an LG GGW-H20L that has been consistently good with these disks at 4x.

Haven’t tried any 50gb disks and probably won’t bother with them, but someone around here surely has.[/QUOTE]

hello

yeah i use those too. I’ve only used one LTH disc that was 25gb and it worked fine. are those bad to use tho? I haven’t noticed any playback problems with that LTH disc yet.

i have a LG WH10LS30 Super Multi Blue 10x Blu-ray Disc ReWriter. i got this drive not too long ago so since getting it I’ve only been using 2x discs. I just wanna be sure I won’t end up with a pile of coasters before I buy 4x discs. Blu-ray blanks are not really cheap ya know so I’d like to be sure. BTW I’m not sure if the 10x in the drive title is for reading and burning or just reading.

If your drive and your playback equipment are compatible with the LTH disks, you should be fine, but not all burners can use them and there have been some problems reported on playback of LTH disks in some stand alone players.

Your drive is rated to burn at 10x, but I haven’t seen any media that is rated higher than 6x. Using these rather expensive disks, I’d rather not burn at a higher speed than what they are rated, but that would be your choice.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2566902]I use the Verbatim 4x 25gb BD-R disks and have had no problems with them. I use the regular, inorganic dye layer variety, [B]NOT[/B] the LTH Verbatim disks.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I’m burning with the Pioneer 205 and have had no problems at all. Time will tell I guess.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2566909]If your drive and your playback equipment are compatible with the LTH disks, you should be fine, but not all burners can use them and there have been some problems reported on playback of LTH disks in some stand alone players.

Your drive is rated to burn at 10x, but I haven’t seen any media that is rated higher than 6x. Using these rather expensive disks, I’d rather not burn at a higher speed than what they are rated, but that would be your choice.[/QUOTE]

i use a Playstation 3 for blu-ray. and it played my LTH burnt disc just fine. But like i may have said it’s been a while since I last played it. May have to dig it up and check if it’s still playable. but i only used the LTH disc cause it was included with my burner and I didn’t want the blank to go to waste.

oh ok. that’s what i thought regarding that it can burn at 10x. but yeah i know that it isn’t a smart move to burn that high a speed. i don’t think i’d try those 6x discs. that just seems bound for burn errors.

thanks for your input Kerry and Ricoman :bigsmile:. hopefully i’ll hear from someone that can shed some light on the 4x discs i inquired about soon on here :cool:.