Are Verb MCC004 going down hill?

Next to Ty, I have always been a big fan of Verbatim. I alway recoommend using one or the other and won’t use anything else myself. But recently I have been have mediocre to terrible results with 2 different 50 packs of 16x Verb MCC004 discs. Some scan in the coaster range. I have never had this problem before and thought my workhorse LG4167 was on it’s last legs but then I tried several on my Benq 1640 with similiar results and when I tried some stockpiled TY02’s on both, they were perfect, so it must be the Verbs. Anyone else having results like this lately with Verbs?:frowning:

What’s the serial number on those verbies ?

i brought a 25 pack of verb mbi and a 50 pack of verb mit mcc004 and the mbi are having huge rings burnt into them by all of my burners slightly upsetting such nice media too :sad: , but i have noticed the quality has gone below par

Just for the curious amongst us, is it possible for you to post a scan or two?

A TRT would be good, too. :slight_smile:

So far I think I’ve burned through 3 25 spindles of MBI-made MCC004, and it’s all been awesome, on a few different burners.

Could also be a dirty drive, or a bad batch of discs:)

Drives not dirty i had it apart this afternoon its clean as a whistle :confused:

[QUOTE=marcus_667;1938913]Drives not dirty i had it apart this afternoon its clean as a whistle :confused:[/QUOTE]

Then probably just a bad batch, like you said the others are working fine:)

its annoying as i always seem to get crap batches of mbi mcc :sad: my 203 has burnt one @20x ok but wont read on a standalone scanning the ones with the huge rings in now for you guys some lovely die defects too , i had some pants ones last times i didnt know what on earth pocessed me to buy some again :o

Don’t feel so bad I happened to get a bad disc every now and then

This one doesn’t scan anymore:( it’s not an MCC tho but dye defects galore :stuck_out_tongue:

[Off-topic]
It’s a Memorex CD, but can you tell me more about it, [B]RCM[/B]?

my mcc004 photoglossys are nice though :stuck_out_tongue: the bottom scans the only one as of yet that hasnt had a ring in it , just added the MBI with the ring in

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;1938929][Off-topic]
It’s a Memorex CD, but can you tell me more about it, [B]RCM[/B]?[/QUOTE]

[off topic] MID prodisc, it won’t scan or anything

[QUOTE=ricoman;1938816]Next to Ty, I have always been a big fan of Verbatim. I alway recoommend using one or the other and won’t use anything else myself. But recently I have been have mediocre to terrible results with [I][B][U]2[/U][/B][/I] different 50 packs of 16x Verb MCC004 discs. Some scan in the coaster range. I have never had this problem before and thought my workhorse LG4167 was on it’s last legs but then I tried several on my Benq 1640 with similiar results and when I tried some stockpiled TY02’s on both, they were perfect, so it must be the Verbs. Anyone else having results like this lately with Verbs?:([/QUOTE]

Any scans you can show just to see how bad it is?

Also - they made in Taiwan, or MII?

I am sorry to hear this, but just to point out the batch to batch variation thing, I have been getting some of the best quality scans I have ever seen from my MCC media 004 included as well.

I am a firm believer in in the ‘hot truck’ and or just not very well treated while in delivery idea’s. The only thing is I have never had much MII made media, and keep planning to go to a computer fair just so I can get my hands on them to look for, and get a few of each CMC, Prodisk and MBI to try them out under my setups.

Hehe, when you think about it, it’s amazing how well some media scans considering the hell it may have been through getting shipped over seas then driven in trucks, handled like trash etc.

The first (Live Free or Die Hard) is serial #6165E 1916+11441E18.
The 2nd (Ratatouille) is serial #6165E 1916+114961E18 had PIF under 500 before the spike at 3.5g. there are no visible defects on the disc, none. The cake boxes say MIT. The benchmark and discan tests show no abnormalities, just the disc quality tests. As I said previously, I tried 2 drives and the same problem, but no problems with the TY02’s.

No dark spot where the bad spot is?

[QUOTE=rolling56;1940420]No dark spot where the bad spot is?[/QUOTE]
Nope. Not all are bad, approx. 8-10 like these out of 60, but a lot of very mediocre scans. I’m use to very good scans on Verbs, only 2-3 out of the previous 200-300 were bad, that is why I’m kind of shocked.

I got a small spot on a dvd-r 16x verbatim MIT, but its a pif=3 block, nothink problematic, even on reading.

Holy cow, hell no those definitely were not unburned spots caused by dust. They absolutely had to of been major defects (which are not always visible).

The jitter also jumps to 17%. Are you sure that a transfer rate test does not fail??? Something of that magnitude would usually stop just about any drive in it’s tracks.

You got any liteons to test with to see if the errors are also still there? TRT should fail in the BenQ you used for testing. If it doesn’t, you have a scan that’s not exactly as bad as it looks.