Are these TDKs TY's?

vbimport

Hey all,
Late last year I purchased 7 individual shrinkwrapped TDK CD-R X48 Inkjet Printables. MIJ.

When I checked in Nero (I only have Nero Speed Version 0.85fBBeta :o ) it said this!!!

TDK (Brand ) Taiyo Yuden (manufacturer) 97m24sO1f (media code) EN557C045978080 (inner hub) PG7376 (dye area )

Also there is a frosted bit around the clear plastic.

Dont ask to me to devulge how much I paid for these :o :o :o !!! or you’ll all die of shock and then there’d be nobody to answer me :sad:

Sooo my question, what are the hubcodes for TY CD-Rs and are these genuine TYs?

Musical

They’re legit - they say MIJ, and they’re TDK.

Not sure about the codes though.

The PGxxxx code is also a Taiyo Yuden code. :iagree:

Thanks heaps guys !!! :slight_smile:
Musical.

Alright, I won’t ask, although the curiosity is killing me :bigsmile:

Really nice buy, though :iagree: - although some of us Brits are finding 8x TDK TYs (-/+R), I’ve yet to find TDK TYs myself :sad:

Don’t cry Arachne, theres always Verb’s and Plextor :wink:

True, but it’s just the novelty of seeing TDK TYs :bigsmile:

Here’s some more: Reflex ULTRA Metallic 24X (only old stock if you see these I’m sure).
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1567829&postcount=107

I’ve had some more 24x ReflexX Ultra (not Metallic, but the ceramic) 650 MB once, but they were all used up. I was still dumb when I used those :frowning: Wish I kept some for now…
I doubt ANY of those are still available though.

TDK 4x DVD-R was often TYG01, IIRC.

Oh wow, those look very nice :iagree:

@Evilboy - I know all about using TYs (TYG01s in my case) when I knew less than I do now - I even traded 10 or so Panasonic ones for some Philips C08s :doh:

I was recently sent a couple of Sony branded TYG01s from the US, you can rest assured I won’t be using those in a hurry, I’ll just look at them instead :bigsmile:

They also came as Sony Supremas in the good old times :slight_smile: :

O/T
Arachne, I can’t believe you gave them away! :sad: :p. When I first used Maxell Yuden T01’s, I instantly knew they were something special compared with my Memorex 4x CMC and MBI discs :eek: (these are still going strong along with the Yuden’s, BTW :bigsmile: ), and from that point forward have only used quality media, and never - ever - had a failed burn :bow:
O/T

Yeah, the things we do when we don’t know any better! :eek:

I used at least one box before I gave some away though (the traded ones were from my second box).

Still have the discs, they scan and TRT really well :iagree:

@Cressida - I had some Sony Supremas discs with the exact same packaging, but they had Sony MIDs. :frowning:

Noooooooooooooooo!!! I used to have loads of those sony suprema’s. Too bad I used them all up long ago, most of the time giving em to friends with music mixes on em. Damn, if only I knew they were TY back then :sad:

Yes, this was a special 10-pack with carton sleeves. I should’ve scanned the box :doh:. I had no idea about TY at that time either :disagree: .

Yeah, mine were 10 packs with carton sleeves, too. Guess us Brits got the short end of the wedge on that one :bigsmile:

OK Guys Im back … Now are you all sitting down … coz I don’t want you all to die of shock… Im gonna do the unthinkable and tell yaz all the price.
$2.95 NZ dollars!!! :Z EACH !!! that is … now tell me I’ve gone around the twist paying that. :confused: :frowning: :sad: :eek: :doh: Oh BTW you get roughly 3 NZ $'s to 1 US !!! yeah I know that it makes 3x as bad :o

But waaait theres more … just got back from town and outta curiosity I took another look in the store and I saw another 10 there.

OK guys whaddya reckon? Is it worth me ringing the store up and getting them to put them aside??? …ummm U are still all there I hope.

Musical.

:eek:

I have the same disc with the same (windows 98 se) written by me in the same area , the handwriting seems identical :bigsmile:

Wait … mine were 24X Supremas when Sony sold legit MIJ media here in Egypt , today I saw Sony CD-R media in TY style cakebox and MIHK :Z

I’d say buy them. MIJ TY CD-R is golddust. Personally I’d take peace of mind over price

I think he is talking about T02’s. I wouldn’t pay 3 bucks a disc. No way when I am paying 36 cents now per Verbatim 16x DVD+R MCC004 disc.