Are these Taiyo Yuden CD-R?

vbimport

I just bought a “100-pack Taiyo Yuden 52x CD-R Silver Thermal Lacquer Blank CDR Media Disk sealed in cake box /Made in Japan” off Ebay from eric8090 a Powerseller with a good record. When I got them I wasn’t sure they were the real thing. I thought all TY’s had frosted hubs. These hubs are clear. The code on the hub reads “80 PG7587”. I got several Memorex Music CD-R’s from a Sam’s Club Auction when they were clearing them out. All the wrappings said “Made in Japan” and they have frosted hubs.
I uploaded pictures I made of the front and back of one of the CD’s. I hope they show up since I’ve never tried this before. I tried to focus mainly on the hub and the code.

So, what do you think?

The hub codes are TY, have you tried reading the ATIP code?

Yep. the hub code is TY, so I’d say you got yourself some nice discs there. ;)…not all TY CDRs have frosted hubs - I have some genuine TY CDRs without them.

BTW, welcome to CDF :flower:

mmmmm ty CD’s * gets wet :o , nice disks seem legit enough :slight_smile:

TonY the Tiger says: Frosted Hubs - They’re Great! :smiley:

I believe those are genuine TY CD-R media even though they aren’t “frosties”.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2085949]TonY the Tiger says: Frosted Hubs - They’re Great! :smiley:

I believe those are genuine TY CD-R media even though they aren’t “frosties”.[/QUOTE]

ROTFL! Obviously you’ve had your bowl of Frosties this morning :bigsmile:

Thanks, guys for the replies. Worries now gone. Thanks too for the welcome. Been reading the forums for awhile. First time to get “involved”. I ran Nero Speed on them and it said they were TY. Is that what you meant by ATIP?

Mark

[QUOTE=mber467;2086068]…and it said they were TY. Is that what you meant by ATIP?[/QUOTE] Yep. :iagree: