Are these Panasonic BD-R's as good as the inkjet printable ones?

I found what appear to be some good deals on Panasonic BD-Rs from a couple of eBay sellers, but I’m not certain whether they’re of the same quality as the ones I’ve bought before (which, unlike these, were inkjet printable). I’m not concerned about the labels themselves (as I don’t have a disk printer and have no interest in investing in one), but I’m not sure if these are as reliable as the ones I’m used to getting.

They are labeled as LM-BRS25LU25.

(There are also some of the inkjet printable kind that I’m used to buying for sale for reasonable prices from other sellers, but they are repackaged in paper sleeves by the eBay sellers, which I feel makes them less reliable than ones that are packaged in a sealed cakebox like this. Please correct me if I’m wrong.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25-Panasonic-Blu-Ray-BD-R-BDR-25GB-4x-50-year-archive-life-Made-in-Japan-/191800279294

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-Blu-ray-Disc-BD-R-25GB-25Pack-/262845765211

I’ve used both kinds, there are no significant differences except the 50 year archive grade markings. You can’t go wrong with either the printable or non-printable models.

Having bought from the 1st seller (listing with 8 photos) they have stored these disks in a computer room with constant temperature and humidity levels. So given their out of production age they’re holding up well.

Note that the new printable Panasonic BD-R 6x models have overtaken from the older 4x. Scans in these forums shown insignificant differences.

Thank you for that information. Do you think that the first seller’s storage methods make it worth the extra $3.49 that it would cost (including shipping) compared to the second seller?

There are also some of the inkjet printable kind that I’m used to buying for sale for reasonable prices from other sellers, but they are repackaged in paper sleeves by the eBay sellers*, which I feel makes them less reliable than ones that are packaged in a sealed cakebox. Do you think that I am correct in this belief?

• Here’s an example of the repackaged type that I’m speaking of:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Panasonic-Bluray-Disc-BD-R-25GB-6X-Speed-Single-Layer-Printable-Bluray-Discs-/272072625074?hash=item3f58cacbb2:g:QKMAAOSwNphWaRyC

With regard to repackaged disks I’d say that they’re more prone to damage during shipping compared to factory spindles where the disks are stacked properly for transport.

You can ask the other seller about their storage method and compare the two. Likewise ask both sellers then we can compare respective answers :wink: At the end of the day it may be only peace of mind that’s the difference.

I’ve now contacted the second seller, so I should get an answer within the next few days. I also tried to contact the first seller (the one you’ve ordered from), but eBay said that they can’t be contacted.

eBay gave me the following message: “We’re sorry we couldn’t find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller’s listing.”

The second seller (the one I was able to contact) says that he stores them in a guest bedroom, and that they’re kept away from heat and moisture.

That’s good i wonder about direct sunlight. I keep all of my long term blanks in nontransparent storage boxes.