Are these Nero 8 upgrade bugs for real?

vbimport

I’ve been hesitant to upgrade past 8.0.3.0, which I currently am using, and after reading this info I found online, I don’t think I’ll be upgrading at all. Is there any truth to this? If so, this is TOTALLY unacceptable (especially the bugs listed in bold)!

Version history:
Nero Burning ROM 8.3.6.0
Changes/Bugfixes

• Nero Burning ROM could not encode AC-3 audio files into another output format.

Nero Burning ROM 8.2.8.0
New Features

• Implemented support for DualLayer DVD-RW media including layer jump junction

Changes/Bugfixes

• In Windows Vista®, the Windows Aero design switched to the normal Windows design (Windows Standard), no matter which Nero application had been started.
  • When burning an Audio CD, the pause feature did not work as expected The “crossfading tracks” feature did not work properly either as a result of this.* The ImageRecorder was not recognized as target when Nero CMD was used with a parameter file. An error message was displayed: “Drive ‘ ‘ not found, available are” followed by the recorders’ list.

Nero Burning ROM 8.1.1.4

Changes/Bugfixes
Audible files could only be burned with Nero Express and not with Nero Burning ROM.
Selecting Nero Burning ROM resulted in the error message:
“Nero Burning ROM could not be started. Your serial number does not allow the start of this application. Upgrade now.”
When creating an Audio CD, Nero Burning ROM encountered problems when adding an ISRC code to an audio file.

Don’t upgrade! I just did (from 6) and have never seen programs open so slow in all my life. As of now I am very disappointed with 8 Ultra. Wished I hadn’t spent the $ on this upgrade.

Other issues too but don’t have time to go into detail.

If Nero monitors this site and they fix all these bugs I will gladly edit my reply … til then ?

[QUOTE=Xcalibre;2117150]Don’t upgrade! I just did (from 6) and have never seen programs open so slow in all my life. As of now I am very disappointed with 8 Ultra. Wished I hadn’t spent the $ on this upgrade.

Other issues too but don’t have time to go into detail.

If Nero monitors this site and they fix all these bugs I will gladly edit my reply … til then ?[/QUOTE]
As far as the programs opening slowly, that problem can be fixed somewhat by disabling Nero Scout (the Nero media manager), but those other bugs are absolutely ridiculous!

AD,
Thanks for the reply. Have already disabled Nero Scout and the programs still open too slow.

I liked 6.x.x and thought that upgrades were supposed to be enhancements of previous programs!?

I am now working in Cover Designer and have found that the paperstocks data file is corrupt. Nero has it setup as a Video CD file! Who the heck nows?

Another problem I have run into is in ShowTime. Seems as though the Enhanced Video section of the program does not work.

And I just bought and downloaded this program yesterday.

I sent off a letter to tech support, but I’m not expecting much. The last time I sent a “bug report,” they told me that the upgrade would fix everything (phone tech support said the same thing) - HA!

Okay, here’s the latest.

I have spent all day trying to figure this out and here is what I found.

The first thing I did was completely scrub Nero 8 from my system. I did this with their Cleaner Tool and judiciously and manually deleting anything that looked like a Nero program.

I reloaded Nero and went and took a nap. When I came back from nappy time that pesky Nero Scout had completed its scan and my computer was back to running normal speed.

All other programs seemed to be working correctly with the exception of a few bugs in ShowTime. Nero has been notified of these bugs and am awaiting an answer.

Hope this helps others!

I was told by a tech support person on another forum that I could just install the latest version of Nero 8 right over my current version and it will save all my settings. It’s tempting, but I don’t know. I might wait for a week when there’s not much going on!