Are these mcc 03GR20 genuine?

vbimport

i’ve been givin some rivision reprints dvd-r 16x and they code as MCC 03GR20 how can i tell if these are genuine or fake? :confused:
i norm only use verbatim so i’ve never had to worry before…

Tell us the codes that you can see on the disc itself :wink:

Rivision are not really quality media. I suggest to continue to use Verbatim if you are interested specifically in that mediacode :slight_smile:

the only code i can see on the disc is… ZD9912-DVR-J47F4

That’s a genuine MCC/MKM code…

There should be another code–possibly harder to see–in the clear part of the hub, if you want to know who made them.

[quote=Albert;2119602]That’s a genuine MCC/MKM code…

There should be another code–possibly harder to see–in the clear part of the hub, if you want to know who made them.[/quote]

I cant read the code in the clear part of the hub but as long as a genuine mcc code i’m glad.
are these discs as good a verbatim or are they b grade as there reprints?

Would be enough to know the first letters of the clear hub code to tell who exactly made them :wink:

Burn and test them. They are B-grade, but B-grade of excellent discs is … yeah, very good discs :flower:

[quote=Womi;2119609]Would be enough to know the first letters of the clear hub code to tell who exactly made them :wink:

Burn and test them. They are B-grade, but B-grade of excellent discs is … yeah, very good discs :flower:[/quote]

all i can see in the clear hub code is map07 cant read the rest.

[QUOTE=jedi_jay;2119612]all i can see in the clear hub code is map07 cant read the rest.[/QUOTE]

They appear to be CMC-made. In China maybe? China is just a guess from the “07” part.

Quality is another matter, considering they’re Rivision branded.

Can you look again and see if it’s really MAP7 and not “07”? I know it is hard to see, takes a while under the light to get a good view.

The 100 packs I have gotten from OfficeMax are MAP7 (Made in Taiwan) and so far are burning VERY well.

[QUOTE=jedi_jay;2119612]all i can see in the clear hub code is map07 cant read the rest.[/QUOTE]

[quote=MegaDETH;2119674]Can you look again and see if it’s really MAP7 and not “07”? I know it is hard to see, takes a while under the light to get a good view.

The 100 packs I have gotten from OfficeMax are MAP7 (Made in Taiwan) and so far are burning VERY well.[/quote]

after looking again it looks like it says MAP70

Yeah, I think I was mixed up (I had another look at my MIC/CMC discs and the hub code isn’t 07) :slight_smile:

Yep I have a couple of MAP7 MIT spindles on the shelf. Excellent media if you ask me, although I haven’t had any experience with RiVision discs. I wouldn’t mind seeing a few scans if you ask me. :wink:

heres a scan

Your PIEs are low for MCC 03RG20, at least from what I’ve seen from recent batches coming from Taiwan (MAP6/MAP7), and this is at 12x. I’ve done 8x scans on CMC MAP6/7 media and have around 200,000-350,000 total - this amount will probably be higher at 12x. PIFs in your scan are pretty high for this MID, and the clustering isn’t pretty. Nothing that’s too alarming though.

Probably B-grade MCC media, but still pretty decent. I tend to stay away from re-/overprints since its usually a sign of less-than-excellent media, and are inconsistent. On the other hand, if they’re a helluva lot cheaper I wouldn’t mind buying some for non-critical data/videos. And since in your case they’re free, I’d use and abuse them. :wink: :smiley:

Ignoring the fact that the scan was done on an Optiarc [and not one of the better-scanning ones], I agree with the above.

whats the best drive for scaninng?

[In no particular order] acceptable drives for scanning are LiteOn, BenQ, Plextor, Samsung, and select Sony drives [that are rebadged Samsungs, BenQs, or LiteOns].

The easiest to find would be LiteOn and Samsung…and most people won’t mind scans made on LiteOn drives. :slight_smile: