Are these Kodak Gold

vbimport

I found some Kodak cdrs...look like gold disc..I doubt they are 2 years old....

From Smartburn Utility:

This Disc is designed for CD-RW/COMBO Drive Only.
Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Phthalocyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 27s 45f
Norminal Capacity = 650.83MB (74m 05s 01f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = KODAK
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 32X
I want to add these is no writing on the top surface....it is gold ..bottom is gold too...

also in the inner clear cirlce it say Kodak cdr 74

Can anyone answer this question or is there not enough info...

Both silver+gold and gold have the same ATIP/manufacturer information.

But these may actually be the real golds…

Originally posted by nealh
[B]I found some Kodak cdrs…look like gold disc…I doubt they are 2 years old…

From Smartburn Utility:

This Disc is designed for CD-RW/COMBO Drive Only.
Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Phthalocyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 27s 45f
Norminal Capacity = 650.83MB (74m 05s 01f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = KODAK
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 32X
I want to add these is no writing on the top surface…it is gold …bottom is gold too…

also in the inner clear cirlce it say Kodak cdr 74

Can anyone answer this question or is there not enough info… [/B]

So you ‘found’ some Kodaks, eh? :bigsmile:
I doubt they are anything but Kodak Golds from the ATIP and your physical description, if the top is indeed gold colored, appears frosted and bottom is gold, looks dark yellow. These would be the ‘No Screen Print’ disks.

They burn perfect at 32X.

Thanks for the reply…

For me at 48x I am still getting a couple of damaged sectors via scandisc with the LTD163…

Hmm…Kodak made a disc with silver + gold …does this mean on the dye side or top was silver and bottom gold…

The thing is I really doubt they are 2 years old the discs…

The Kodak Silver + Gold had 2% gold and 98% Silver or something like that. If the bottom looks really golden (deep yellow, as opposed to light yellowish.), then they’re really golds.
They might be old and not look like it, they were probably quite well-stored and as such would not show any signs of being old.
My country is flooded with those “non-label” Kodak Golds and they look new even if they’re a couple years old to say the least.

They should write well at high speeds, but 48x really should be too much, remember, they’re only like 6x or something.

Kodak only made 2 discs: “Ultima” and “Gold Ultima”. Later, the “Ultimas” received the “Silver+Gold” indication on the box as a marketing gimmick, but they always were S+G.
So, if you have any Kodak Silvers, just compare the underside.

thanks for the reply

Hi,

Using CDR-Identifier on some older Kodak white-tops I have,

ATIP: 97m 27s 45f
Disc Manufacturer: Kodak Japan Ltd.
Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 650.83MB (74m 05s 01f / LBA: 333226)

The case insert says made in Mexico?

Ice’y

Icey: Yes, that’s normal, my golds are also made in mexico. (As are some of my silvers too.)

Hi,

What is the point of the min / max writing speed - it is virtually always blank - is the speed supposed to be imprinted on newer media or not?

Ice’y

Icey: No, it’s not. From my understanding, the only media that has min/max speed is CDRW, because of the fact that a low-speed CDRW would NEVER work if burned at high speeds. (1-4x, 4-8x, 4-10x or 4-12x.)

hi sorry to get off topic but i was wondering if mitsui gold uses real gold like the gold ultima used to use?

Yes, sure, every gold (dark-gold-bottom) CD uses real gold, and that also includes Prodisc Gold and a lot of others, by the way :slight_smile: