Are These Fake Taiyo Yuden Discs Acceptable?

vbimport

I’ve got some fake Taiyo Yuden media that I’ve been playing with, and I’m wondering if anyone else has used it much and whether it held up long-term. Below are scans of three separate burns from SwissTec (Sky Media) fake TY disks made somewhere in Asia, most likely, Hong Kong. Pretty consistent. Anyone else ever use these as everyday disks?

BTW, the hub codes for all the disks begin with KM8A.

[Note: in the photo, my discs look exactly the same, but they do not have the Sky Media URL on the bottom]

Wow that is pretty consistent, the PIF scans are looking real similar (especially those “patterns” at 0.25, 1.25, 2.1, 3.25, and 4.4GB marks). Haven’t had an encounter with one of those unfortunately, only real Sky media without the faked MID.

[QUOTE=negritude;2171678]I’ve got some fake Taiyo Yuden media that I’ve been playing with, and I’m wondering if anyone else has used it much and whether it held up long-term. Below are scans of three separate burns from SwissTec (Sky Media) fake TY disks made somewhere in Asia, most likely, Hong Kong. Pretty consistent. Anyone else ever use these as everyday disks?

BTW, the hub codes for all the disks begin with KM8A.

[Note: in the photo, my discs look exactly the same, but they do not have the Sky Media URL on the bottom]
[/QUOTE]
They are one of the better fakes. I have a few media from the same manufacturer, but for not a very long time, so I cannot tell you nothing about their longterm longetivity. But they should be OK for everyday use.
Where did you buy them?

[QUOTE=evo69;2171703]Haven’t had an encounter with one of those unfortunately, only real Sky media without the faked MID.[/QUOTE]
Do you mean “Sky” (Promedia Hong Kong) or “SkyMedia” (made in Switzerland) media? Could you post some photos of your Sky DVDs?

I bought a few miniDVDs (DVD-R) before that were clearly labeled “SkyMedia” - Made in Switzerland they were. Unfortunately I can’t scan them because they’re with my girl since I bought it for her 8CM DVD camera, sorry!

[QUOTE=evo69;2171724]I bought a few miniDVDs (DVD-R) before that were clearly labeled “SkyMedia” - Made in Switzerland they were. Unfortunately I can’t scan them because they’re with my girl since I bought it for her 8CM DVD camera, sorry![/QUOTE]

No problem, could you remember the MID and how exactle were they branded?

These are the same as my Swisstec TYG02 fakes :slight_smile:

They burn and scan great, very consistant through the whole 100pc cake, even at 12x.

I posted some scans here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f76/fake-taiyo-yuden-dvd-r-139824/index2.html

[QUOTE=pepst;2171728]No problem, could you remember the MID and how exactle were they branded?[/QUOTE]

The packaging was yellow and orange and was Made in Switzerland - that’s as much as I know. 8cm 1-2x DVD-R. I bought it before I became interested in “obscure” media, but I’m sure I can still get some from a mall store though it’s pretty much out of the way. I’ll post some pics in the obscure media thread when I get the chance to acquire some. :wink:

[QUOTE=pepst;2171712]They are one of the better fakes. I have a few media from the same manufacturer, but for not a very long time, so I cannot tell you nothing about their longterm longetivity. But they should be OK for everyday use.
Where did you buy them?[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I got them off eBay, but they used to be sold at the CompUSA retail chain in the states.

[QUOTE=Womi;2171729]These are the same as my Swisstec TYG02 fakes :slight_smile:

They burn and scan great, very consistant through the whole 100pc cake, even at 12x.[/QUOTE]

Yes, yours seem to burn even better than mine do. Not bad for fake media.

Lol they actually seem to burn quite well!

Now you just have to sit and wait to see if they degrade (they probably won’t).

A DW1640 and AD-7200A burn.