Are These Dual Layer Burns Essentially Equal?

vbimport

I’m trying to find out whether my Optiarc 7200A or my Lite-On 20A4P is the better dual layer burner. I think it’s a draw, although the Lite-On has a slight edge. Both are 4x burns, the first with the Lite-On (SB=ON, FHT=OFF, OS=OFF, OHT=ON), the second with the Optiarc (1.06). Do you trust your Lite-On for your DL burning? Is one of them more flexible with different kinds of DL media?

Oh, and the media used are Sony 2.4x DL disks that are made in Singapore. They came in a 25-pack, bought on sale at Staples a year or so ago.

If you only plan to use MKMs, both drives will do great :iagree:

On more complicated to burn DL media, like Ritek S04 or Ricohjpn D01 I think the Optiarc would produce better results.
But of course testing one or two discs is never a bad idea :wink:

stick to MKM PLS

[QUOTE=negritude;2107204]I’m trying to find out whether my Optiarc 7200A or my Lite-On 20A4P is the better dual layer burner. I think it’s a draw, although the Lite-On has a slight edge. Both are 4x burns, the first with the Lite-On (SB=ON, FHT=OFF, OS=OFF, OHT=ON), the second with the Optiarc (1.06). Do you trust your Lite-On for your DL burning? Is one of them more flexible with different kinds of DL media?

Oh, and the media used are Sony 2.4x DL disks that are made in Singapore. They came in a 25-pack, bought on sale at Staples a year or so ago.[/QUOTE]
I’d call it a draw, too. :iagree: The next time around, the Optiarc could easily edge out the LiteOn, and so on, and so forth.

As Womi said, the Optiarc is seemingly more flexible from most tests [though I haven’t seen that many DL scans from the A4P]…but I totally trust my LiteOn to do MKM discs well. :slight_smile:

^^^ does Liteon Burns MKM MII well ?