Are these 25 GB Panasonic 4x BD-R genuine?

vbimport

These are the highly touted Panasonic 4x BR-R 25GB. Cheaper than the FalconMedia Pro and claims to be MIJ. Is there a way to verify?

First burn doesn’t disappoint. Now, do they last 50 years?

Media: Panasonic 4x BR-R 25GB MIJ
MID: MEIT02 (001)
Burner: LiteOn iHBS312-98
Burn Speed: 4x
ImgBurn setting (default):

• Perform OPC Before Write : Unchecked
  • BD-R Verify Not Required : Checked
    Scanner: LiteOn iHBS31-98
    Scan Speed: 8x

[QUOTE=mariner8611;2652798]These are the highly touted Panasonic 4x BR-R 25GB. Cheaper than the FalconMedia Pro [B]and claims to be MIJ. Is there a way to verify?
[/B]
First burn doesn’t disappoint. Now, do they last 50 years?

Burner: LiteOn iHBS312-98
Burn Speed: 4x

Scanner: LiteOn iHBS31-98
    Scan Speed: 8x[/QUOTE]

Whats their package?
Do you have a photo of it?

Thanks for the reply, Chef. Here’s the link.

How does one find the hub and stamper code?

[QUOTE=mariner8611;2652910]Thanks for the reply, Chef. Here’s the link.

How does one find the hub and stamper code?

I was about to post and ask you for the hub and stamper code :).
I have never heard of any manufacturers having the bravado to try to put out fake Panasonic BD-R. But never hurts to keep an eye out.
The hub code is stamped into the clear area at the hub. The stamper code is hidden on the recording side in a small dark band about 3/4" from the hub. Best to read it by shining a flashlight on the surface at just the right angle and using a magnifying glass.

I should mention that it is customary around here to keep the discussions in the blank optical media main forum. The blank media test threads are strictly for posting test results.

Excellent burn, by the way :bow:

[QUOTE=mariner8611;2653139]Here you go, Dean.

Hub Code : Z4D2721A0607599
Stamper Code : 4R2SL1B04C30R

1. Can’t be sure if it’s 0,D,or O, 2,7,or Z, 4 or A.
  2. What do these codes reveal?
  3. Would you recommend these over the Falcon Pro’s?

Many thanks and best regards.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. The numbers are imprinted at the factory, and can be a good way to verify that your discs are genuine by matching them with known genuine numbering patterns. The Z4 , 4R2SL, and C30R are present on my 4x Panasonics as well. The 6x Panasonic stamper shows 6R2SL.

In truth, the high quality of your burn speaks even louder to verify that they are the real thing :).

As the only two BD-R manufacturers that are keeping all manufacturing in-house and using high-end Japanese machinery, materials, and disc designs and offering 50+ year longevity testing results, I have a high level of confidence in either Panasonics or Falcons.

I notice that the moderators have tried(unsuccessfully) to move our discussion out of the test thread area. I welcome these discussions, and please continue to post your burn results in the test threads. But we must try to stick to the “no discussions in the test threads” format that the forum has chosen. In the future, simply click on the “post new thread” button in the main blank media forum and start a discussion there, referencing your posted scan in the test thread if you’d like :).

Incidentally, feel free to continue the discussion in the new “Cheap MIJ Panasonic” thread that the mods created.

1. Falcon has two lines of products : Pro and Value.

The Pro’s have an estimated archival life of >50years according to this flyer, but the much cheaper Value’s are only rated at 5-10 years.

1. Does anyone know if Panasonic offers different product for different segments of the market? If so, is there a way to tell them apart? And how long do they last?

** Moved more posts from this thread in the Blank Blu-Ray Media Tests forum. **

Can I please re-iterate what Deanwitty said, that the Tests forums are for test results only - keeping it that way makes it easier to search for the scan you want, rather than searching for a MID and getting lots of discussion posts instead. :wink:

I’m creating a Sticky to that effect, so hopefully there shouldn’t be any further confusion. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=mariner8611;2653547]1. Falcon has two lines of products : Pro and Value.

The Pro’s have an estimated archival life of >50years according to this flyer, but the much cheaper Value’s are only rated at 5-10 years.

1. Does anyone know if Panasonic offers different product for different segments of the market? If so, is there a way to tell them apart? And how long do they last?[/QUOTE]

Falcon value are not rated at 5-10 years. A member asked their rep for a disc that would last at least 5-10 years, and he responded that the value should be fine for that. The Pro and value are manufactured with the same materials. A little care with burn speed and storage conditions will likely yield at least a good mid-term archival result with Values.

Panasonic offers their standard 50+ year hard coat line and their archival tough coat 50+ year and 100+ year Century BD-R as far as I have seen.

Does anyone know where to get LM-BRS2MWE25 / LM-BRS25LU25?
It seems these Panasonic 50yr archival grade BD-R are no longer available in the Japan market.

For non-critical use, the cheap non-archival grade LM-BRS25LT50 seems to offer good value.

Here’s a decent burn at 10x.

Brand : LM-BRS25LT50
Burner: Pioneer BDR-206
Burn Speed: 10x

Scanner: Samsung SH-B123L
    Scan Speed: 6x

[QUOTE=mariner8611;2652910]

Cost is Y3944. Do you know if they post outside of Japan? How much do they charge for posting to USA and Australia?

The best price that I see on them is at this Japanese seller. I believe they ship to Australia.

Yah, I just bought a tub from that particular eBay Japan seller a few days ago. Y3944 could be considerable cheaper depending on the freight cost. I wonder if Amazon Japan post to overseas countries.

I was actually checking into that a few weeks ago. I found these, and started looking into using their “address forwarding” service. It was looking like the E-bay seller’s price is well under that option. At least for shipping to the US. You may want to see how that looks for you. Shipping to OZ might be considerably less.

[QUOTE=kirby7777;2668963]Cost is Y3944. Do you know if they post outside of Japan? How much do they charge for posting to USA and Australia?[/QUOTE]

Yes they do.

They are also available in your neighbourhood store.

http://ctlg.panasonic.jp/product/info.do?pg=04&hb=LM-BRS25LT50
http://panasonic.jp/media/blu_ray/index.html
http://panasonic.jp/media/blu_ray/list.html

The LM-BRS25LT50 is now listed on the Japanese site. Very little information here, no 50 Years Archive Life, no TUV certification etc…

It was common practice in the last century to offer best quality product for the domestic market. Wonder if it’s still true today.

It turns out a 2012 French study on BD-R quality did include a 4x Panasonic,
although listing only the media ID and stamp code (MEI-T02-001 4R2SL1B04C30R).

So, could these Japanese LM-BRS25LT50 be the same as the European 50 Years 4x LM-BRS25LU25 listed here?
http://panasonic.net/avc/blu-ray_disc/lineup.html

The Panasonic discs in the LNE tests were obtained from Panasonic France. Here is a picture of the spindle of discs used in that testing, from the test report. From the label, it appears that these are the “consumer” discs.

From what I have learned so far, they are the same discs as the LM-BRS25LT50. The blue packaging is Panasonic’s choice for selling at the commercial(large quantity) level.