Are there copy protections that CloneCD 4 can copy but CloneCD 3.3.4.1 can't?

Wondering if CloneCD 4 added any new copying capability compared to v3.3.4.1 (the version which I have)?

I’d like to backup my original Warcraft 3 CD using my Plextor 16/10/40A writer. What settings should I use for reading and writing?

I was able to make a good working backup of my original Diablo 2 and Diablo 2 LOD using this Plexwriter 16/10/40A. Should I use the same settings for backing up Warcraft 3?

Originally posted by dta
I was able to make a good working backup of my original Diablo 2 and Diablo 2 LOD using this Plexwriter 16/10/40A. Should I use the same settings for backing up Warcraft 3?
Yes. Warcraft III uses SecuRom and although there were some problems with this protection using the LiteOn recorders, Plextor recorders were not effected. CloneCD 4 is far easier to use than version 3 and many things have been improved. It’s definitely worth upgrading.

I have burned COUNTLESS Securerom not so new games with my litey 24x and never had a prob, including Wc3, D2, D2-LOD etc.
It also copies safedisc 2.8 with ClonecD 4.0.0.1 and Alc120 absolutely reliable.

Just today made copies of Ut2k3 and Hitman2 with the new BWA/twinpeaks methods. Working perfect too.

Originally posted by dta
[B]Wondering if CloneCD 4 added any new copying capability compared to v3.3.4.1 (the version which I have)?

I’d like to backup my original Warcraft 3 CD using my Plextor 16/10/40A writer. What settings should I use for reading and writing?

I was able to make a good working backup of my original Diablo 2 and Diablo 2 LOD using this Plexwriter 16/10/40A. Should I use the same settings for backing up Warcraft 3? [/B]
Olli stated that the subs function in v3 was ‘broken’ and fixed in v4. He also said that he doubts that v2 can read/write SecuROM new and newer. I haven’t tried but my guess is that v3 is unreliable from WC3 onwards and probably impossible after The Thing