Are there blank CD/DVDs just for printing?

vbimport

I know this probably sounds silly, but having burned through lots of DVDs just to get the perfect print, I am wondering if anyone has run across non-recordable CD/DVD blanks that only have the white printable surface.
If not, then what can I use from the wonderful wonder of inkjet paper that gives me the best approximation of what I will get on a real CD/DVD?

non-recordable CD/DVD blanks that only have the white printable surface

Not sure I understand this, You want media that you can not record on , just to print on?

Or maybe you want great media that you can print on : Taiyo Yuden

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010100071%2050008330&name=Taiyo%20Yuden

You want to look at the watershield product.

[QUOTE=giddings;2468643]I know this probably sounds silly, but having burned through lots of DVDs just to get the perfect print, I am wondering if anyone has run across non-recordable CD/DVD blanks that only have the white printable surface.
If not, then what can I use from the wonderful wonder of inkjet paper that gives me the best approximation of what I will get on a real CD/DVD?[/QUOTE]

Some people use stick-on labels applied to any old CD for testing purposes. All you need is a supply of throw-away CDs. Of course the label dimensions might be the same as a printable disc. .