Are there any software that can remove the background music leaving only the vocal?

vbimport

Are there any software that can remove the background music leaving only the vocal? I know there are program that can remove the vocal from music, is there any program that can do the opposite? For example I want just the dialogue from a video clip, is there a way to remove the background music? Thanks.

My roommate has the same problem. Someone edited her video and placed horrible music in the background.

As far as I know, she hasn’t found any program that would allow you to remove the music and leave the vocals. Like you said, only vocals and (certain types of “noise”) can be filtered out.
Other forums dealing with this topic have also not found any solutions. Although, if I find anything, I’ll post here. :slight_smile:

music is recorded in “tracks”…you would have to have the master reel of the song or album to remove everything except the vocals…oh yeah…and the knowledge on how to do it

I may be wrong…

but I thought I once read where Goldwave will do that using one of their preset settings.

there is software like goldwave/cool edit(audtion) that can bring the background of the music down or muffle it as it were but it can’t seperate vocals or any specific instrument down to it’s singular entity

Completely removing the background music from the song is not possible. Any audio editing software will be of use. Suggests to try Fleximusic Wave Editor. In this software using either “Band Pass/ Stop Filter or channel mix” command you can eliminate the background music to some extend.
http://www.fleximusic.com/waveditor/overview.htm