Are there any deals on dl blueray media?

vbimport

GUY’S
Are there any deals on blueray dl recording
discs?
ZAP:)

E-bay is still the cheapest as far as I know. The going rate appears to be $3.50 - $4.00 per disc.

At mediamegamall they start at $3.49. Here’s link.
http://www.mediamegamall.com/blank-media-bluray-blank-media-c-29_139.html?filter=Capacity~50GB

^Didn’t someone mention that the DL SmartBlu disks are NOT made by FTI/Falcon?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2626091]^Didn’t someone mention that the DL SmartBlu disks are NOT made by FTI/Falcon?[/QUOTE]
Made by CMCMAG I think

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2626091]^Didn’t someone mention that the DL SmartBlu disks are NOT made by FTI/Falcon?[/QUOTE]

They are CMCMAG DI6 discs. Our member Jadburner has been running them through quite a few burners. The quality looks to be a little better than one might expect at this price.

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2626099]They are CMCMAG DI6 discs. Our member Jadburner has been running them through quite a few burners. The quality looks to be a little better than one might expect at this price.[/QUOTE]
I think they look great

ARE THERE ANY DEALS ON DL BLUERAY MEDIA?

Please fix your caps lock key…

[QUOTE=chef;2626143]Please fix your caps lock key…[/QUOTE]

Fixing a negligence is not easy. :wink:

Pardon me for my ignorance, but is there any real reason to get Blu-Ray DL media? I mean the only reason I can think of is to copy commercial Blu-Ray discs. If it’s for TV recordings as such, isn’t it better to get two single layers and burn them onto two discs? I don’t think many standalone recorders use DL media.

Open to opinions :slight_smile:

I only use them as backup media. DL or even XL. :slight_smile:

There’s an XL Blu-Ray!?

[QUOTE=Chad_Bronson;2628305]There’s an XL Blu-Ray!?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it’s been around for a while now and the writers have been available since last year.

The quad layer version holds 128GB and the triple layer version 100GB.

[B]Wombler[/B]

:rolleyes:Exactly,
but not for copying rented blueray dvd’s,
but rather just backing up the ones that you or me
buy in the store for personal use.
ZAP

I dont backup BD Videos, I have enough other data to backup (eg HDTV sat recordings) which are going to BD-R XL (TL) as a 3rd backup strategy.

HDD
DVD / Tape (LTO2)
BD

[QUOTE=chef;2628420]I dont backup BD Videos, I have enough other data to backup (eg HDTV sat recordings) which are going to BD-R XL (TL) as a 3rd backup strategy.

HDD
DVD / Tape (LTO2)
BD[/QUOTE]

Tape drives, interesting :slight_smile: I thought even for professional use they did away with tape drives, preferring random access backups like hard drives? :slight_smile: That does amaze me :slight_smile:

chef,
I understand what you are saying,but if you ever
wanted to back up ablueray movie. On some of them
not all that you buy. You do need blueray dl discs to
back them up.
ZAP:bigsmile:

I think some places still use tape, I did for a while too but things just got way too big too fast.
On the slower smaller systems it takes forever to restore something so yes most places went to big drive arrays so everything is mirrored and instantly accessible if something dies.

Do they still use tape for video mastering if you know Dartman? I’m curious to know what the industry standard if I wanted to submit broadcast quality footage to a TV network. I read it was BetaSP during the the 80s and 90s, but what do they use now? I thought it might have been MiniDV, but I’m not sure.

I don’t know what they use now but I bet they still have some of the heavy duty tape camera units and things around. Would probably make a good Google search to see what they trust and use now for sure.