Are the Verbatim MII CD-Rs any good?

Hi,

I am running low of my 150 Verbatim branded Ritek blank CDs that i bought around 2008. I am down to less than 50.

Are the Verbatim MII CD-Rs anygood for everyday use like my Riteks? I typically do not use Taiyo Yuden CD-Rs for these tasks…

BTW Verbatim 100-pack blank CD-Rs are on sale at Office Max.

Thanks,
NBK

Mine certainly do the job for everyday use. :iagree:…though for more important stuff I do use TY and Ritek-made CDRs. :slight_smile:

Mind you, as a rule, I don’t burn data faster than 32x, and audio faster than 16x (24x for audio if I’m in a rush). Certainly haven’t had any go South on me when used at those speeds. Had one or two fail when burned at max speed (accidentally!), though.

Thanks for responding,

Where can i find Ritek blank CD-Rs?

Thanks
NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2532928]Thanks for responding,

Where can i find Ritek blank CD-Rs?

Thanks
NBK[/QUOTE]
http://www.supermediastore.com/category/u/blank-recordable-cd-r-rw-disc-discs-media?brand=RITEK+RIDATA
http://www.meritline.com/cdr-cd-r-media---c-7556.aspx?PriceOrder=12&mID=6&issy=1

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2532929]http://www.supermediastore.com/category/u/blank-recordable-cd-r-rw-disc-discs-media?brand=RITEK+RIDATA
http://www.meritline.com/cdr-cd-r-media---c-7556.aspx?PriceOrder=12&mID=6&issy=1[/QUOTE]

Thanks for responding jamescooley,

I was hoping to find some Ritek CD-Rs in a B&M. I guess i will order some soon

NBK

We have Ritek-made Maxell CDRs here as well, dunno if you get them in the US (made by Ritek that is, not Maxell in general).

I snap them up when I find them on offer anywhere. :slight_smile:

We also have Traxdata, but I think those are a Europe-only thing?

[QUOTE=Arachne;2533142]We have Ritek-made Maxell CDRs here as well, dunno if you get them in the US (made by Ritek that is, not Maxell in general).

I snap them up when I find them on offer anywhere. :slight_smile:

We also have Traxdata, but I think those are a Europe-only thing?[/QUOTE]

Hi Arachne,

Its getting difficult to tell what you are actually getting here in the USA and you cannot go by brand names anymore. It appears that all of brand names in B&Ms [including Verbatim] are selling junk!!!

NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2533144]Hi Arachne,

Its getting difficult to tell what you are actually getting here in the USA and you cannot go by brand names anymore. It appears that all of brand names in B&Ms [including Verbatim] are selling junk!!!

NBK[/QUOTE]
It has been a few years but I found Maxell branded Ritek CD-R at Rite-Aid. Check Walgreens also.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2533154]It has been a few years but I found Maxell branded Ritek CD-R at Rite-Aid. Check Walgreens also.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for responding jamescooley1,

How can i tell i am getting Ritek these days?

Thanks
NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2533161]Thanks for responding jamescooley1,

How can i tell i am getting Ritek these days?

Thanks
NBK[/QUOTE]
The spindle is a close match to TY spindle, that is how I found it by mistake, I thought it was TY untill I opened it. Again that was 2-3 years ago :). The obvious is MIT on the label, if it was made by CMC MAG. there will be a rectangle in the top near the recycle logo. I feel like I am leading your on a wild goose chase so it’s up to you, just passing a few tips I would use if I were looking for retail Ritek.:flower:
the spindle looked just like this except it was a 50 pack and it was 48x also just like this
http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u/maxell-648200-48x-cd-r-media-logo-on-top-100-pack?brand=MAXELL&max=15&offset=0

[QUOTE=NBK;2533144]Hi Arachne,

NBK[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, it’s like that here too these days - I have to say all my Maxells, be they “regular” CDRs or the Music discs, have been Ritek, although they may well be using CMC for those now as well. I could have been just lucky. :slight_smile:

Good tips from Jim :clap:, so hopefully something for you to follow up. If no joy there, then the best thing maybe the Meritline/SMS links Jim also posted. :slight_smile:

Hi,

I plan to order the Ritek and JVC [Taiyo Yuden] CD-Rs when i can get away with it. I just spent nearly $100 for miUAE Verbatim MCC 004s and Verbatim LS MCC 004s.

Thanks for the tips,
NBK

Nice one :clap:…enjoy your MCC004s too (drool :bigsmile: ).

[QUOTE=Arachne;2533782]Nice one :clap:…enjoy your MCC004s too (drool :bigsmile: ).[/QUOTE]

THanks,

I actually did not need any MCC 004s, but i panicked at the thought of Verbatim’s change to CMC. I needed blank CD-Rs more than anything.

:cop:I do not dare order any more unless i can find a way sneak them in the house.

NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2533869]THanks,

I actually did not need any MCC 004s, but i panicked at the thought of Verbatim’s change to CMC. I needed blank CD-Rs more than anything.

:cop:I do not dare order any more unless i can find a way sneak them in the house.

NBK[/QUOTE]
:bigsmile: You Too!

[QUOTE=NBK;2533869]THanks,

NBK[/QUOTE]

Hahaha…I don’t have to sneak MCC004 past anyone…so I need all the self-control I can get not to buy MCC004 when they’re on offer. Even though I don’t need any more either, if it’s on offer, I can’t resist :sad:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2534610]Hahaha…I don’t have to sneak MCC004 past anyone…so I need all the self-control I can get not to buy MCC004 when they’re on offer. Even though I don’t need any more either, if it’s on offer, I can’t resist :sad:[/QUOTE]

LOL,

I have a 50-spindle Verbatim MKM 001 coming via UPS today! I hope he comes early for my sakes!

NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2534612]LOL,

I have a 50-spindle Verbatim MKM 001 coming via UPS today! I hope he comes early for my sakes!

NBK[/QUOTE]

A 50 spindle of MKM 001!! :eek:…LOL, a 25 spindle over here costs an arm and a leg. Mind you this is from a B&M store.

Let us know where they’re made when you get 'em :flower:

wanders off muttering about 50 spindles of MKM 001, and drooling…

[QUOTE=Arachne;2534614]A 50 spindle of MKM 001!! :eek:…LOL, a 25 spindle over here costs an arm and a leg. Mind you this is from a B&M store.

Let us know where they’re made when you get 'em :flower:

wanders off muttering about 50 spindles of MKM 001, and drooling…[/QUOTE]

LOL,

That 50-spindle cost me $49.99 from newegg.com!

NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2534615]LOL,

That 50-spindle cost me $49.99 from newegg.com!

NBK[/QUOTE]

Whoa, bargain. If I’m getting the conversion right from $ to £, that’s roughly what it costs in some B&M stores here for a 25 spindle :eek: