Are sony dvd+r's any good?

vbimport

i’m thinking of trying some different media then my norm verbatim mcc04 and Yudent03 are sony dvd+r 8x d11 or 16x d21 dye just as good? :confused:

I like both…they work well for me. I’d say give them a shot.

the cat has spoken and had nothing but good things to say about the -R variant so the +R will be rather tasty imo :iagree:

I can only agree, excellent media.

I like them. They don’t give me coasters [unless I try a foolish write speed], and pretty much always work for me. I have a few that are a couple of years old and haven’t really begun to degrade noticeably, and perform just as well as when first written. :iagree:

The scans may not always be as pretty as some other discs, but Sony MIDs are a good choice. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=jedi_jay;2095384]are sony dvd+r 8x d11 or 16x d21 dye just as good? :confused:[/QUOTE]Not “dye”. :disagree:
These codes refer to disc models. :slight_smile:
Read this:The dye myth…[…]

I’ve always had pretty good luck using Sony 16x D21’s but as Albert said they might not scan
as pretty as some other brands of media (TY, Verbatim, etc.,etc.) but I’ve never had a failed
burn with them as of yet. :disagree:

D21’s are … “ok” if you’re not picky. Scans are pretty consistent but are not that good… (which I didn’t expect at first with the “Accucore” marketing). I’d still use MCC003/4 or T02/03 for archiving.

However one thing I really like about Sony branded D21 is the writing surface. Smooth yet sticky for markers…

Never had a problem with D11. Scans great, but not as nice at MCC 004 or TY T02.

I have a long and ongoing love affair with MIJ and MIT SONY16D1. Haven’t tried the MIM variant yet.

Never used much if any SONYD21, but I may have to rectify that soon.

They work OK for me.

Absolutely give the Sony media a go. I’ve found they are pretty good in terms of compatibility and don’t degrade on me. Definately recommended :slight_smile:

India made Sony discs with Sony MID are low in quality.

[QUOTE=Gary Kokkin;2108399]India made Sony discs with Sony MID are low in quality.[/QUOTE]Care to post some comments about your experience with these discs, or even better, some graphs showing this “low” quality?

[QUOTE=Francksoy;2112519]Care to post some comments about your experience with these discs, or even better, some graphs showing this “low” quality?[/QUOTE]

Most likely it’s just another user on cdfreaks, who does not like MBIL. :flower:

[QUOTE=negritude;2095840]I have a long and ongoing love affair with MIJ and MIT SONY16D1. Haven’t tried the MIM variant yet.

Never used much if any SONYD21, but I may have to rectify that soon.[/QUOTE]

Okay here you go negritude a QS and TRT of a 12x burn of a MIM SONY16D1 the scan isn’t
very pretty but TRT is ok and it plays without any problems.

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2112598]Most likely it’s just another user on cdfreaks, who does not like MBIL. :flower:[/QUOTE]I hear you Dakhaas. :slight_smile:

I still like it waaaay better when people post some actual arguments, instead of merely claiming “X is good” / “Y is bad”. :wink: This “Made in India discs are of lower quality” thingy starts to sound like the new Internet refrain, at least to my ears. :shrug: Everyone knows the reputation of MBIL. It’s all over the boards. It’s easy to repeat the stories (think of the “CMC is bad” refrain). Now, sharing actual data and user experience about MBIL-made discs, that’s another story. :bigsmile:

I haven’t seen the Sony ‘Made in India’ (Moser Baer?) DVD blanks, but the newer Sony media seems to be ‘Made in Malaysia’. I’ve used the Sony D21/MITs and they seem to burn fine with above average results and no coasters from a 100 spindle. I also love the glossy finish (on both my Sony SLs and DLs) which work well with Sharpies.

Hi

I have experience with only the MIJ SONY16D1 and they are pretty good burned at 12x.

NBK