Are region free Blu Rays genuine

vbimport

I didn’t really know where to ask this question and thought this would be the most appropriate place.

I’ve got myself a growing Blu Ray collection, but there are a few titles that are quite hard to find. I’ve found them on eBay and Amazon, but they’re region free and I’m not sure if they could still be genuine or is that naive of me?

Many European BD releases are region free, and others may state a region lock but actually aren’t. So to answer your question: no, being region free doesn’t mean its not a legitimate disc.

What if a BluRay doesn’t have a menu? I bought Commando and The Day After Tomorrow, and when I put the disc in it just played straight away without going to the menu. I can view a pop up menu while the film is playing with links to ‘setup’ and ‘scenes’, but shouldn’t there be a main menu?

[QUOTE=Garybrown02;2692296]What if a BluRay doesn’t have a menu? I bought Commando and The Day After Tomorrow, and when I put the disc in it just played straight away without going to the menu. I can view a pop up menu while the film is playing with links to ‘setup’ and ‘scenes’, but shouldn’t there be a main menu?[/QUOTE]

There’s a couple studios that do that, I think Warner is one.

Same as with VideoDVD, you can dictate/author some prefs(features?). :smiley: