Are good those DVDs? (datasafe taiyo yuden and Ritek DL)

vbimport

Hi All

I’m planning to buy some DVD’s, and I’ve found this:

http://www.opirata.com/dvdr-datasafe-taiyo-yuden-cake-p-1509.html

Apparently are Taiyo Yuden DVD’s, but i don’t trust because the normal price for 100 original Taiyo Yuden DVD’s is simply the double (about 40 € for 100 units)

Does anyone know those DVD’s or know if there is some trick on it??

I’m also planning to get some of those dual layer DVD’s:

http://www.opirata.com/ritekd01-248x-dual-layer-white-printable-cello-p-887.html

These are Ritek AAA+, and have a great price. Does anyone know about them?

Most likely fake Taiyo Yudens, and Ritek DL media can not be recommended either.

Datasafe’s Taiyo Yudens are from TY’s Value Line range of media. Taiyo Yuden also has a Premium line of discs and those are usually considerbaly more expensive.
As for Riteks, well even their single layer discs are nothing to write home about, so I’d agree that their DLs should preferably be avoided.

I would also be cautious of anyone advertising their discs as “Great Quality” or “AAA” “A+ Grade” or anything like that. Truly good media speaks for itself without the cheesey sales pitch.

The Datasafe discs are probably genuine Taiyo Yuden but “value line” which are cheaper than the normal Taiyo Yuden and could be inferior in quality.

Why do I think they are genuine? Because the illustrated cakebox looks like a Taiyo Yuden cakebox, and because I know that e.g. SVP has sold genuine value line Taiyo Yudens under the Datasafe brand - in fact they still sell those but the printable kind.

Good to know, thank you for the info. The typical ‘TY cakebox’ has been used by other manufacturers / fakers also unfortunately.

If they are genuine, I’d say they are worth a try, since the price is good. TYG02 isn’t the best TY media available, especially the value line version, but for that price it’s worth the risk.

Thanks all

Finally I’ve order 300 of those datasafe taiyo yuden and 2 cakes of Ritek DL.

I’ve got a benq writer, so if you want i’ll be able to make some tests on those media and tell the results.

I decided it since the original taiyo youden costs just the double, and the stuff that is gonna be stored on disks is not vital importance and can be downloaded again in case the discs would become irreadable.

Again, thanks to all, I expect you tell me what tests and witch whose programs i can make, so it would be usefull to the community

[QUOTE=TassadarAMD;2138183]…and the stuff that is gonna be stored on disks is not vital importance and can be downloaded again in case the discs would become irreadable.

Again, thanks to all, I expect you tell me what tests and witch whose programs i can make, so it would be usefull to the community[/QUOTE]

That’s good, because I don’t hold out much hope for the RiTEK DLs. :wink:

You can run Quality Scans on the discs with your BenQ (at 8x) using CD-DVDSpeed/DiscSpeed. Also, Transfer Rate Tests using the same program would be very welcome too :wink:

I’m looking forward to see the results, too :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=TassadarAMD;2138183]Finally I’ve order 300 of those datasafe taiyo yuden and 2 cakes of Ritek DL.

I’ve got a benq writer, so if you want i’ll be able to make some tests on those media and tell the results.[/QUOTE]

You should have told us that from the beginning. You just wasted your money on the Ritek DLs. You will get mostly coasters on those. Nexperia BenQs do not handle RITEK D01 well at all. I repeat, you will get almost nothing but coasters. I suggest you return the Ritek disks or use another burner for those.

What specific model of BenQ do you have and is that your only burner?

Mmm… shit xDDD

My Benq writer is at least 2 years old, i will look the model and will told you.

I can use a LG writer, will it work better with those Ritek??

Even given the price of toasters, I could get a new one if LG is not appropiate for those disks… any brand in particular?

Thans to all

With the purpose of not to make to equal threads, I am asking about the recordability of the riteks in this thread.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/ritek-dvd-r-dl-ritekd01-216468/#post2140426

Thanks to all

Try one with the LG and scan it with the BenQ :flower:

I thint that i’ll receive the discs tomorow :). I’ll told you

I received the disks, but I’ve still not write any DL media.

I’ve a question, with of the writers is better for burning the datasafe taiyo yuden discs, the benq or the LG?

Thanks again :slight_smile:

I wrote a Ritek DL with the LG Writer and works OK, although I’ve still not make quality tests with Nero (As soon as I’ll have it I’ll make)

For now, I can post the info of the disks obtained with DVD Identifier:

Here is the test of a Datasafe disc:

Written andtested with benq writer.

Is good the result??? I’ve never make this test :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t like the PIF clump at the 3.9 GiB mark, but the disc is well within specs. Nice burn. If it’s genuine Taiyo Yuden, it should last you a while.

Many thanks for the answer, tropic.

I’ll post captures of the RitekD01 as soon as I’ll make it :slight_smile:

it’s easiest to click this icon… it’ll save your scan results in a nice, crisp PNG file, and then you can attach it to your post.

Could you explain me what are those variables and what does them mean? (PI Errors, PI failures, Jitter…)

Thanks!