Are DVD RW Dual Layer disks for sale?

vbimport

Hi,

I see press releases around from 2006 that JVC and others developed dual layer DVD RW disks, but I can’t seem to find them for sale anywhere. When I search for them, I just get a bunch of listings on players and recorders.

If these exist, can anyone specifically point me to a seller of DVD RW dual layer disks? I don’t care if they are -RW or +RW.

Thank you!

Try best buy or circut city or else look in cd freaks bargain basement or newegg.com or meritline.com but remember verbatim’s are best :slight_smile:
Jim

Don’t believe they are marketed as yet…or ever.
In April '05, press releases stated they would be be “standardized within the year” and make it into the retail arena in early "06…lol…still waiting!
Personally, dunno anymore. I’ve lost interest in it …I can only imagine the price if they ever make them… :eek:

Thanks for the info Tom I wasn’t sure about them myself
Jim

Sure thing Jim. Like I said, I really don’t know, but that’s my best guess at this point.

I doubt they will ever be popular enough to be a factor in this market. They are sold in the far east at very high prices. Where there is no demand the product usually does not last. RW discs at 8X are very hard to find also. When single layer discs are so cheap, RWs are not that important. RAM will replace them in the future.

If newegg doesn’t sell them, then who else is left? Just kidding. Thanks alan for the info. I was interested in finding faster burning DL disks for myself to give them a try but like you said, good luck. I mean, why make a 8 or 10x DL option if you can’t use it ? Oh well, teck advances, go figure. ~ Mike

I have yet to see any DVD+RW (D/L) media in any retail store, may be it is not being enter in to market yet.

Just for informations sake. I contacted JVC directly. Took about 4 phone calls in total, but finally talked to someone there who told me that because of the cost of making these high volume disks they had decided to hold off on it for now.

deleted

Oh yeah sure keep your 2 cents to yourself :stuck_out_tongue: see if I care :frowning: you stingy little desert rat :bigsmile:

I was gonna say that thread was 2 years old gezzzzzzzz

Now see giving up your 2 cents didn’t hurt, now lets see what can I get for 2 cents :rolleyes: :eek: dag nabbit just a plug nickle :bigsmile:

I know this thread is old I just google searched for Dual Layer DVD+RW disks, and seen no one has found anything. Just letting everyone know I found a Verbatim Package of Disc’s that included a (1) DVD+RW DL disk Here.

EDIT: I contacted the website that sells them to confirm them and they told me the website is misprinted.

Sorry.

di wouldend mind a DVD RW Dual layer

but …

((((((( the stingy desert rat instead )))))) :wink:

:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower: :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss: Sugarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2426371]:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower: :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss: Sugarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr[/QUOTE]

IZ feelling special THANKS :flower:

You are special darlin, got to get my words in before SJ gets on :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2426697]You are special darlin, got to get my words in before SJ gets on :)[/QUOTE]

(((((((( Jimbo ))))))):flower:

I has to go off now kids using moms PC .They bust ther on got the PC shop yo put my kids hard drive in an exterial closure …Dident have enougf IDE ports in my PC .

I haz to go 12 year old Son Gave me a neck massage to use My PC…just to play his Game:bigsmile::stuck_out_tongue: