Are CD databases like freedb.org down?

vbimport

I normally use a program called Fairstars CD ripper to burn CDs to .flac files on my computer. Starting today, it could not connect to freedb.org to retrieve track and artist info. I also use a program called FreeRIP MP3 converter that uses the Open CD Index database. I can go to the Open CD Index website and query their database fine, but this second program will also no longer populate the track and artist info. I have a second cd drive on the computer and it too cannot retrieve the info. I’ve used both programs for years and no problems up until today. I’m running Windows 7 64 pro.

Is anyone else out there having the same problem accessing the database(s)? I’m trying to determine if it’s something wrong with my computer hardware or if the databases are simply offline. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. It takes too long to type in all the track and artist info by hand.

I just want to confirm that I began experiencing the same problem within the past 12 hours or so, using both fre:ac and TAudioConverter 64-bit. I uninstalled, reinstalled, and manually reconfigured the relevant settings, without any change.

Yours is the only post I could locate of anyone else experiencing the same problem. I am running Windows 10.

I would also appreciate any information regarding this situation, as well as suggestions as to viable alternatives. I am in the process of adding some of my music to Google Music Libaray and am unwilling to type in manually all the needed track and album information, as well.

[QUOTE=ldbishop;2784289]I just want to confirm that I began experiencing the same problem within the past 12 hours or so, using both fre:ac and TAudioConverter 64-bit. I uninstalled, reinstalled, and manually reconfigured the relevant settings, without any change.

Yours is the only post I could locate of anyone else experiencing the same problem. I am running Windows 10.

I would also appreciate any information regarding this situation, as well as suggestions as to viable alternatives. I am in the process of adding some of my music to Google Music Libaray and am unwilling to type in manually all the needed track and album information, as well.[/QUOTE]

Looks like the database(s) are back up this morning and both of my programs are now working as they should. Let me know if you still cannot access.