Are any of these DVD burning software?

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-115. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]After many months of trying to skirt around buying a DVD burner I have finally installed my Pioneer DVR-116D.

I have several freeware programs on the PC because of trying to burn home videos from Digital Camera to play on the TV DVD player using CD burner.

Do any of these freeware programs burn DVD’s? I will post the list below.

I bought Jeremiah Johnson movie DVD and want to copy it to play on my DVD Player.
Here is what I used:
DVD Shrink and DVD Fab 5.

I used Media Player Classic to play the DVD in the new Pioneer Drive.

I have:
DVD Shrink
DVD Fab 5
Media Player Classic
DVD Flick
had DIVx
Any Video Converter
Apex Video to MP3 WMA WAV Converter Free

Do I have any DVD copying software?

Thanks for the help!
Deliverant

If you have the full version, the Platinum or Gold version, of DVDFab, then you can use it to break encryption on commercial dvds, compress them to fit onto regular single layer dvds and burn.

DVDShrink can do this with many movies that only have simple CSS protection, but many new movies have extra protection added. Plus Shrink doesn’t have a built in burning engine. It can be set up to burn using Nero, DVDDecrypter or ImgBurn depending on which version you have of Shrink.

The freeware path I would use is as follows: DVDFab HD Decrypter (the free section) to decrypt and rip the movie to the hard drive. Then DVDShrink to reduce to a size that will fit a single layer dvd. Then ImgBurn to burn to a disk.

Great I’ll try it.

I did get DVD Shrink to work to play Jeremiah on Quicktime
so I’m doing something right.

I have DVD Shrink 3.2

I have:
DVD Shrink
DVD Fab 5
Media Player Classic
[B]DVD Flick[/B]

If you look into Flick’s folder you’ll find it has installed ImgBurn. Create a shortcut to it and use it for your final burns to disc.

On another note if your Pioneer 116 is like my 115, you might want to try these discs. I get near perfect results and I burn them at 12X.

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-silver-thermal-8x-dvd-r-media.html

Get on their mailing list as they offer frequent specials.

So I can also burn using:
DVD Shrink
DVD Flick
ImgBurn

When I burned using the
DVD Shrink
DVD Fab 5
ImgBurn
I used their default settings.
So I didn’t set the burn speed.

I bought Sony Dvd+rw because I couldn’t figure out which ones to buy.
I’ll try the Taiyo Yuden dvd-r when I’m done with these.