Are all Ritek CDR's bad w/ NEC2500?

vbimport

Hello everyone,

I’d like to purchase a NEC2500, and I’ve got many Ritek CD-R discs left (branded as TDK Reflex Ultra), which worked quite well with my now dead Yamaha CRW2100S.

I wanted to know if NEC2500a had problems with all Ritek discs or only with Ritek G04… Besides, how is it possible to distinguish Ritek G04 from other Ritek discs?

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Ritek R02 & R03 is beautiful with the ND-2500A…

It seems I’ve confused a little many things…
I’ve reread the other post and G04 seem to be DVD-R (and not CD-R).

Just two questions:

1. The R02 and R03 you’re referring to are CD-Rs?
  2. How can you know the specification “R02” or “R03”? Nero CD-speed only reports Ritek and strategy, die type. Are there tools that give more info about discs?

Thanks!

R02 and R03 are DVD+R discs.

http://dvdidentifier.cdfreaks.com OR http://dvdinfopro.com can show you the MID code for a disc.
Your Ritek CD-Rs should work great in the 2500A.

I have had my NEC 2500a for like 3 weeks got it from newegg and it has burned all the Ritek G04 at 4x with no problem. The only thing i have noticed is in dvd info doing a scan it slow but there have been no errors so far But i also have a Sony DRU 500a for back up :slight_smile:

I just got 50 R01 for 12 quid and they work great.

Thanks a lot!

Have yet to have a problem with the Ritek RiData G04’s I’ve been burning. Depending on the brand of Ritek you buy and where, apparently your mileage may vary.

Originally posted by grenet_ghost
[B]It seems I’ve confused a little many things…
I’ve reread the other post and G04 seem to be DVD-R (and not CD-R).

Just two questions:

1. The R02 and R03 you’re referring to are CD-Rs?
  2. How can you know the specification “R02” or “R03”? Nero CD-speed only reports Ritek and strategy, die type. Are there tools that give more info about discs?

Thanks! [/B]

You’re not the only one confused in this thread. Since you’re talking about CDR’s and not DVD’s, I’ll clear this up for you. Everyone else is talking about DVD, not CDR.
Ritek has made several different types of CDR, and the performance varies widely. If you have TDK 48x or 52x media, chances are good that it’s the standard Ritek TG dye type, ant it will perform very well for you in the 2500 burner.

Please ignore everything here about R02, R03, G04 or anything else.

my nec had problems with the following dvd disks:

Ritek G04 white top inkjet printables (4x, dvd-r): 50% of disks burnt are readable all the way through.

Ritek G03 datasafe (2x, dvd-r): 50% of disks burnt are readable all the way through.

Datasafe Redtop v2 (4x, dvd-r): 100% reliable. disks are readable right to the end.

Ritek G04 Arita (4x, dvd-r): 100% reliable.

Memorex (2.4x, dvd+rw): 100% reliable. these disks give the best curve in nero cd-dvd speed.

for cds, i have used traxdata, verbatim, tdk. all have burnt with no issues at all. in fact with cd burning problems are a thing of the past. its a mature technology.