Are 116dbk and 115dbk compatible? (Pioneer DVR-115D / DVR-1910)

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-115D / DVR-1910. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have a duplicator with 5 DVR-115dbk burners and want to add more drives. My Wytron controller handles up to 10 so I am good there.

I ordered two more 115dbk’s only to have two 116dbk’s arrive :(.

My question is if they will cause me issues being used in the same duplicator?

Thanks,

Todd

Somewhat. Different mechanics, different firmwares, you won’t be burning at maximum speed.

That’s pretty much what I figured. I wonder how much difference it would make.

Speed is not as important as reliability to me, but I don’t want to loose 25% in speed either.

Thanks for the input.

The DVR-115D is an 18x drive. The DVR-116D is a 20x drive. So, the controller may limit the burning speed to no higher than the slowest drive.

No this will not work correctly at least not in my duplicator

:disagree: Both 115D and 116D are 20x drives, with the latter having updated chipset and housing. The 112D was the 18x drive.

[QUOTE=KTL;2204141]:disagree: Both 115D and 116D are 20x drives, with the latter having updated chipset and housing. The 112D was the 18x drive.[/QUOTE]

Right. Blonde moment. :doh:

[QUOTE=jcusimano2;2203468]No this will not work correctly at least not in my duplicator[/QUOTE]

Did you try this configuration? Can I ask what results you had?

Thanks

I decided to try the drive and see what happens. It works fine. In fact it is a little faster now. That could be attributed to the fact that I removed the old DVD-ROM that was a slave to the hard drive and put the new burner on it’s own channel.

At any rate, it seems to be OK.

Thanks for the input.