Archos 7

Does anyone on the forum use DVDFab with an Archos 7. I am about to get one and was wondering what profile could be used to get best playback on this unit

[QUOTE=private4587;2193422]Does anyone on the forum use DVDFab with an Archos 7. I am about to get one and was wondering what profile could be used to get best playback on this unit[/QUOTE]

There’s already a couple of posts in here re that device. A quick search should locate them and give you some insight.

O’C

:slight_smile:

If you want to keep all the files in the same format I would use the divx(avi) for encoding. These files do not have the lip sync issues that the mpv files have. Also if you get the DVR dacking station with it you can record straight out of your DVD player to the Archos 7 and that will also be in Divx format. “calipete” made a nice Archos 7 profile that outputs in wmv which is also free of lip sync. You could search for “calipete” postings and you should find it. Maybe he can make one that outputs in divx as well.

[QUOTE=private4587;2193422]Does anyone on the forum use DVDFab with an Archos 7. I am about to get one and was wondering what profile could be used to get best playback on this unit[/QUOTE]

I created a profile for my Archos 7 that has worked very well for me for over 50 movies now. I just posted a final version of it here, http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/looking-good-archos-7-profile-261215/#post2238370, along with a description of it.

Good luck!

-Peter

Here is one I made that uses the h264 codec. I requires the podcast plugin.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/2220441-post19.html

[QUOTE=signals;2238497]Here is one I made that uses the h264 codec. I requires the podcast plugin.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/2220441-post19.html[/QUOTE]

The profile I made is an XVID/mp3 codec profile. I was too cheap to buy yet another plugin from Archos. They could nickel-and-dime me straight into bankruptcy, if I let them.

For those who have the podcast plugin, your profile is a definitely an added benefit. :clap:

Thanks Signals!

-Peter

Peter
Thanks for posting yours as well. I’ve tried it and it works well. I could not agree more about the Archos business model. I lucked out and got both the Cinema and Podcast plugins free from a link to Archos China that someone posted on the site where I bought my 504. I am a cheap ass and probably would not have paid for either one just on principle. :slight_smile: I will see if Ting will put these in the next release of DVDFab so we can quit posting the links.

Thanks for all your quick and helpful replies. Now I have another question I bought the Archos 7 and also the HiDef plugin, but am unsure what profile i require to get HD onto my Archos or is it only for watching on a HiDef TV. Any helpful info much appreciated.

DVDFab doesn’t have a HD profile currently. I’m not sure you would benefit much from HD content on the Archos native screen and the files would be much larger and take longer to process. This would probably be great if you have the docking station/DVR for playback on widescreen HDTVs.

I read from another user last night that Archos just came out with the HD plugin, but I know nothing about it. I’m also not inclined to spend any more money on my A7 right now. Just ripping my regular DVD library should keep me busy for the next few months.

As I get more informed, I’ll post something here if it’s worth telling. Cheers!

-Peter :wink: