Archos 605 for Dummies

:clap:I just purchased an Archos 605. I have combed the web and read the book. I just cant seem to get it to work. How do I download movies and covert them to a format compatible with the 605? How can I download movies from netflixs? Is there a guide for dummies?:sad: I could sure use the help. I read and tried to download hulu from the link at this site but my archos doesnt recognize it.

[QUOTE=RhoyalMocha_;2451567]:clap:I just purchased an Archos 605. I have combed the web and read the book. I just cant seem to get it to work. How do I download movies and covert them to a format compatible with the 605? How can I download movies from netflixs? Is there a guide for dummies?:sad: I could sure use the help. I read and tried to download hulu from the link at this site but my archos doesnt recognize it.[/QUOTE]

Hi RhoyalMocha
Welcome to the forum :flower:

This section is for help with DVDFab products and third party software that DVDFab uses like ImgBurn and Nero burning rom, unfortunately we are unable to help with your question on downloading movies.

However you may want to click on the link I provided below which will take you to another section here at MyCE/CD Freaks which may provide you better help on your download question :wink:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f170/

also this thread belongs in the DVDFab’s Mobile sub-forum which I will move it there , however I will leave a redirect here so you can find your thread later :cool:

[B]SJ[/B]

Use DVDFab DVD to Mobile to convert any DVD to play on your 605. If you have the podcast plugin, use a profile that makes h264+AAC MP4 files. If you have the Cinema plugin, use VOB Passthrough. If you have neither, use a profile that makes xvid+MP3 AVI files. Can’t help you much with downloaded files but you can use DVDFab File to Mobile to convert some unprotected files (like FLVs from YouTube) to play on the 605. You can load the files onto the 605 by placing it PC Hard Drive mode and just copying them to the Archos using windows explorer, the Archos will just appear as another hard drive in My Computer.

:bow:Thanks Signals I appreciate the help. I love all sort of tech items. I guess I am a techie wanna be. I m going to explore this forum and learn as much as I can about all sort of software.

You’re welcome. Forums are a great learning tool. You might also want to look at the Archos forum (they have a sub-forum for the 605): http://forum.archosfans.com/index.php?sid=cc9275e0f43eab5e750e5b2b80824dcc

[QUOTE=RhoyalMocha_;2451948]:bow:Thanks Signals I appreciate the help. I love all sort of tech items. I guess I am a techie wanna be. I m going to explore this forum and learn as much as I can about all sort of software.[/QUOTE]