April Fools Poll. Love It Or Hate It

April Fools day was yesterday.

Like it, love it, hate it or try to avoid it.

See my post in the Quest.

:a :a :a :a :a

Much more fun when it is I that is playing the joke. I generally enjoy it though. :wink:

Yes, EFloUVA, it does suck, but you can never be sure if it was an April Fools’ joke…

Originally posted by EFloUVA
[B]See my post in the Quest.

:a :a :a :a :a [/B]

WoW.:eek: Yep I hate it too.

Even though I am a victim of it, I think April fools is good fun.

A Danish radio station declared that we now should make special parking places for women because of their lousy parking skills. A college and his wife were driving in their car while listening to that program, and they agreed that it was a good idea. When he got to work he was telling every body about this great idea, and we all got a good laugh :bigsmile: . Except from him.

A couple of hours later my wife (well, were not married) called me and told me she was in the middle of no were, and our car was stolen. Luckily for me she revealed that it was an April fools before I told it to any body else. :o

Originally posted by EFloUVA
[B]See my post in the Quest.

:a :a :a :a :a [/B]

That is not good. Sorry to hear about that.

I loved it , because i had to take revenge on a colleague anyway :). He played a prank on me couple of months ago , so when the opportunity arose , i acted :slight_smile:

Here’s how it happened :

09:10 AM :
My manager reacts on a change request via email. Naturally he cc’s about the whole universe in it (micromanagement i suppose). My colleague (We call him X) was also in that cc list.

The email tells about , that we need to purchase optical mice for our configurations instead of the normal (ball) mice. Seems that people are complaining about the normal mice. They collect lots of dust and we need to change to optical mice … fast.

10:00 AM :

So , i sense a good april fool prank and email our supplier , that i’m gonna do an april fool joke and i need his help.

He agrees and i send a spoofed email to everyone in that cc list (about 30 people i think) and tell them that the normal (black colored) optical mouse is going End Of Life and the only thing left is a BLUE colored optical mouse.

The email goes on , telling that our supplier isn’t happy delivering blue mice with black keyboards , so they’re switching to blue colored keyboards as well.

10:15 AM :

Next thing i know about seven people respond , including my chief and Mr. X. They both want to see a picture , so i copy/paste them a picture of a Logitech Mx510.

14:00 PM :

Then they go on and on (using email of course) discussing if they need such a blue mouse. Some people actually think it’s a nice mouse.

15:00 PM :

Needless to say i had to stop the joke , before people got angry. Some persons actually wanted to hold meetings , invite marketing , service , etc. (About 50 people).

So then i send them all an email : Fooled you !

LOLZ that is a good one Mr. B :slight_smile:

I like the 1 april jokes as well. To bad I didn’t have the time to do a good one myself this year. Last year I told everybody I was moving to Australia. Some ppl were quite shocked :).

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
year I told everybody I was moving to Australia. Some ppl were quite shocked :).

Quite right. I’d be shocked too if i were an Australian and heard you could be my neighbour. :wink:

i don’t hate the first of april, but i think people should watch what kind of jokes they make

btw…doom9 mentioned the “riaa” joke

I like April Fools day because my birthday is the day after (April 2nd) :bigsmile: I’m almost a fool :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Ssseth
I like April Fools day because my birthday is the day after (April 2nd) :bigsmile: I’m almost a fool :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, well happy (belated) birthdays are in order then aren’t they?

How old are you now? The big 3-0? :bigsmile:

Nope. Why does everyone think I’m older then I really am? (happens allot irl as well) :sad:

I just hit the big quarter of a century mark. :eek:

[B]Nope. Why does everyone think I’m older then I really am? (happens allot irl as well) :sad:

I just hit the big quarter of a century mark. :eek: [/B]

Hahah, sorry sorry. Blame Airhead, he said you were 29. I think.

ponders this

Oh well, so it’s the big 2-5. Big diff. :bigsmile:

But you’re counting in centuries man… that’s not a good sign.

Originally posted by nEXusJ
But you’re counting in centuries man… that’s not a good sign.

Indeed. Spooky it is! :eek:

Indeed. Spooky it is! :eek:

Hmm, that makes me 15% of a century old. :rolleyes:

How to date yourself in 1 sentence or less… :smiley: