Apple's New Tablet

vbimport

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8483654.stm

It seems to me that you could get a laptop that does a lot more, and costs cheaper. The most expensive unit only has 64G of Flash drive space? Does it have USB ports? Does it have a DVD/CD or Blue Ray drive? I don’t see any of those things mentioned. There are some really nice Laptops for $829 dollars and they do a lot more than this does. It seems a little heady to think they have created a new category for what seems to be a bigger iPhone. There seems to be this trend of making devices that do less and cost more. Laptops come in a variety of sizes and for me, personally, a 9.7" screen is really to small to do anything I want to do. I have dual 23" Monitors on my desktop and can’t stand one monitor, working with one teeny one that will have a lot of the space eaten up with controls on it will leave an even smaller viewing area. It should also at least have a minimum of a 6G camera built into it, with a video mode. I pass.:Z

You’re never going to get your Apple Fanboy iMerit Badge with that attitude…:smiley:

Maybe I’ll get the “Granny Smith” award!!

Yay zzzzZZZZZZzzzzz snore

I love Apple! It means that within six months a similar device from another company will show up, with more features and cheaper, from another company!

Not that i have any Apple products whatsoever, but i love them for herding the very-early-adopters and make my life as a keen consumer easier by picking out the “slightly better than apple” devices or the “does the same thing but cheaper” systems.

My brother-in-law hooked up his iPod to my stereo system. I have a couple of systems. He wanted to hear it on my antique tube system, a Scott LC290 Tube amp with the matching Tube pre-amplifier hooked up to a set of Quarter Wave tubes I made. The sound quality was horrible. There elements of songs that were just plain missing (Like on “Dark Side of the Moon” the subtle little crazy voice) and all the music sounded like it was companded. My brother-in-law, who had been touting the awesomeness of the device was disappointed. First, on how the product performed, and second, how his appreciation of music quality was diminished by use of this product.

The main purpose of an iPod is to provide a steady stream of white noise to anesthetize the listener and completely eliminate appreciation of the album concept…A endless stream of single tracks with no coherent organization, theme or fidelity…

[QUOTE=pipemanid;2489808]The main purpose of an iPod is to provide a steady stream of white noise to anesthetize the listener and completely eliminate appreciation of the album concept…A endless stream of single tracks with no coherent organization, theme or fidelity…[/QUOTE]

Of course, someone who uses an iPod a lot would not be able to understand what you have just posted.

[QUOTE=pipemanid;2489808]The main purpose of an iPod is to provide a steady stream of white noise to anesthetize the listener and completely eliminate appreciation of the album concept…A endless stream of single tracks with no coherent organization, theme or fidelity…[/QUOTE]
IPOD …
->Playlists.
->(More) -> Albums.

Steve Jobs is apparantly a bit of an audio nerd - someone visited his home a few months after the CD came out and not only did he have a high end hifi but seemed to have pretty much all CDs that had been released at the time. Other people have also talked about him having sophisticated audio setups at home (of course, it helps that he is quite rich!)
He himself has also talked about his love of music.
When Apple released speakers designed to be used as an ipod dock, he claimed that this combination was what he was using for listening to music at home
Not bloody likely.

[QUOTE=Aramchek;2489891]Steve Jobs is apparantly a bit of an audio nerd - someone visited his home a few months after the CD came out and not only did he have a high end hifi but seemed to have pretty much all CDs that had been released at the time. Other people have also talked about him having sophisticated audio setups at home (of course, it helps that he is quite rich!)
He himself has also talked about his love of music.
When Apple released speakers designed to be used as an ipod dock, he claimed that this combination was what he was using for listening to music at home
Not bloody likely.[/QUOTE]
Wow! Who would have thought that a marketter would lie?
The world is ending …

The iPad does not have FLASH capability and only can run one application at a time? I think that Green Computer that they’re trying to sell for $100 bucks to developing countries does more than that and it has a generator built into it so you can crank it and work in the middle of nowhere. What a joke. If it was really absorbent, then maybe it would have a better use, as the name suggests.

[QUOTE=pipemanid;2489904]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsjU0K8QPhs[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! That was funny!

[QUOTE=Zathros;2489905]HAHAHAHAHAHA!! That was funny![/QUOTE]

I thought you might appreciate that…

[QUOTE=Zathros;2489897]The iPad does not have FLASH capability and only can run one application at a time? I think that Green Computer that they’re trying to sell for $100 bucks to developing countries does more than that and it has a generator built into it so you can crank it and work in the middle of nowhere. What a joke. If it was really absorbent, then maybe it would have a better use, as the name suggests.[/QUOTE]

I bet this thing will have more functionality than the iPad.

I’d LOVE to own a OLPC.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2489950]I bet this thing will have more functionality than the iPad.

I’d LOVE to own a OLPC.[/QUOTE]

You mean the computer, right?:wink:

[QUOTE=Zathros;2490019]You mean the computer, right?;)[/QUOTE] Yes, already have a kid. :slight_smile: