Apple's iPhone 4S battery drain fix seeing mixed results

vbimport

Apple’s iPhone 4S battery drain fix seeing mixed results.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2011/11/UD1Exn.jpg[/newsimage]Disgruntled iPhone 4S owners struggling with an unusual iOS 5-related battery-sucking glitch were served an update on Thursday that promised to correct the problem. It did, and it didn't. One day later and post-patch, customers complained their new smartphones' batteries were still depleting way too quickly.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/apples-iphone-4s-battery-drain-fix-seeing-mixed-results-54465/](http://www.myce.com/news/apples-iphone-4s-battery-drain-fix-seeing-mixed-results-54465/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

The Mophie Juice pack Plus is the only answer. Its really great and needed on the Iphone 4S, I have one.

I still use my trusty Nokia N95 which does everything I need and the battery lasts for two weeks if I’m not really using it.

Don’t think I’m quite ready for recharging my phone every single day yet. :wink:

It just shows you how much we really need new battery technology though as it’s the weak link in the chain ATM in the race for faster, better phones.

[B]Wombler[/B]

iPhone 4 users could rig up a backpack with a 12 volt car battery to power their iPhone 4. This would be cheaper than that Mophie Juice Pack Plus thing and probably last much longer on charges. Just be careful not to spill battery acid down your back!

“Another commenter speculated certain apps could be to blame. “My wife has the 4S and doesn’t have battery problems, and she doesn’t run twitter,” he said.
Several others voiced their intention to return the phone altogether for a vanilla iPhone 4, or give the competition a shot.
“My iPhone 4s is worse after the upgrade,” said one particularly incensed owner. “Losing 7 percent every 15 minutes. Even though I am not using my iPhone. Disgusting Apple. Sort it out. This is my first iPhone. I have only owned it for a week. Seriously considering going back to a Samsung and android!””

What a gratifying sight that would be! The brainwashed masses, lining up not to purchase but to return their iJunk.

It seems every Apple release has a flaw of some kind (the antenna you couldn’t hold in your hand, lack of Flash, non-replaceable batteries, “minor” security flaw, etc.). They never really fix them, they generally just provide a work-around. I think that these ‘flaws’ are deliberately designed in so they will get you to buy the next gen iDevice…Great marketing tool, no?

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2611387]It seems every Apple release has a flaw of some kind (…)[/QUOTE]I am sure the competitors aren’t better either.

Michael

"This is a $600 phone that I am paying a big bill on every month. I love Apple, I support Tim Cook, I stand behind the brand. I waited patiently for this fix to come out because i understand there are going to be bugs in a new product. But I’m not an idiot. I am very upset today and am deciding whether to return the phone. "

LoOoOoL!! After all the introduction, he is still “deciding” whether to return the phone… brainwashing at its best

[QUOTE=Hemispasm;2611418]"This is a $600 phone that I am paying a big bill on every month. I love Apple, I support Tim Cook, I stand behind the brand. I waited patiently for this fix to come out because i understand there are going to be bugs in a new product. But I’m not an idiot. I am very upset today and am deciding whether to return the phone. "

LoOoOoL!! After all the introduction, he is still “deciding” whether to return the phone… brainwashing at its best[/QUOTE]
I couldn’t have said it better myself, but I am still stuck paying 99.99 for the Mophie Juice Pack.

Batterygate. “Your using the fone the wrong way”

[QUOTE=alan1476;2611424]I couldn’t have said it better myself, but I am still stuck paying 99.99 for the Mophie Juice Pack.[/QUOTE]
OMFG! $100 for a bunch of battery life tweaks?
Android has these for free!

[QUOTE=Wombler;2611362]I still use my trusty Nokia N95 which does everything I need and the battery lasts for two weeks if I’m not really using it.

Don’t think I’m quite ready for recharging my phone every single day yet. :wink:

It just shows you how much we really need new battery technology though as it’s the weak link in the chain ATM in the race for faster, better phones.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Well if you ever get a new smartphone you can forget all that, i can get 3-4 days with very little use (LG P-970), and my old C902 can easily do 8-10 days with the same use.

This isnt the first time that apple makes a mess with it’s products, and it wont be the last. For me apple products are simply overpriced, i cant really see what more you can do with an iphone that you cant do with the Samsung galaxy s2.

[QUOTE=vroom;2611469]Well if you ever get a new smartphone you can forget all that, i can get 3-4 days with very little use (LG P-970), and my old C902 can easily do 8-10 days with the same use.

This isnt the first time that apple makes a mess with it’s products, and it wont be the last. For me apple products are simply overpriced, i cant really see what more you can do with an iphone that you cant do with the Samsung galaxy s2.[/QUOTE]
Warm, fuzzy, Peeing in your pants, feeling of relief, now that you’ve joined the apple iBorg, and can safely turn your brain off :iagree:

I suspect that the annual release cycle of apple products provides the satisfaction of reaching measurable objectives, in peoples lives …

But I’m probably just being extremely cynical, or just scarily astute.

It’s all very WoW factor to me :stuck_out_tongue:

“I can’t really see what more you can do with an iPhone than you can do with a Samsung…”

That is why you fail.

iPhone is the real thing, the rest are blatant copycats, something Samsung and google are amazing at. They will always be behind iPhone in innovation. Can’t wait too see how they try to copy Siri.

[QUOTE=ivid;2611503]“I can’t really see what more you can do with an iPhone than you can do with a Samsung…”

That is why you fail.

iPhone is the real thing, the rest are blatant copycats, something Samsung and google are amazing at. They will always be behind iPhone in innovation. Can’t wait too see how they try to copy Siri.[/QUOTE]

I am disappointed i was hoping for an [B]epic fail[/B]
:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

The only part that apple is doing something good is marketing, for the rest …

Lets see…

iphone4 had issues with the antenna
iphone4s has battery issues
iphone5 = new marketing bugs so that you can get the iphone5s

Siri, is a useless, stupid answers to stupid questions, the only real usage that this kind of technology has, if for people that can type or have serious problems with their fingers, and i ma sure that apple didnt have these people in mind when they released it.

[QUOTE=ivid;2611503]iPhone is the real thing, the rest are blatant copycats, something Samsung and google are amazing at. They will always be behind iPhone in innovation. Can’t wait too see how they try to copy Siri.[/QUOTE]

Imitation is of course the sincerest form of flattery and I personally think Google is a particularly innovative company in its own right.

It’s only a matter of time though before an iPhone beater eventually comes along and any (even if debatable) iPhone flaws will become much more of an issue for Apple.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2611522]Imitation is of course the sincerest form of flattery and I personally think Google is a particularly innovative company in its own right.

It’s only a matter of time though before an iPhone beater eventually comes along and any (even if debatable) iPhone flaws will become much more of an issue for Apple.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
There are cell phones and then there is the Iphone 4S, even with a sub par battery the Iphone 4S is heads above anything else on the market. Its like the difference between a Ferrari and a Fiat.:wink:

[QUOTE=ivid;2611503]“I can’t really see what more you can do with an iPhone than you can do with a Samsung…”

That is why you fail.

iPhone is the real thing, the rest are blatant copycats, something Samsung and google are amazing at. They will always be behind iPhone in innovation. Can’t wait too see how they try to copy Siri.[/QUOTE]
Samsung are not the leaders in tablets. Their Galaxy SII is excellent, and easily a rival to the iphone 4S, but has the additional freedom. The (software) difference between Samsung Galaxy SII & a standard Android phone is solely the Touchwiz 4 interface … which any self-respecting nerd has replaced with something better anyway.

If you are suggesting that Google is NOT innovative, and is solely copying the iOS, I think you need to look at the recent iOS update log features, the majority of which Android has included for years, whether as standard or via CFW, but iOS has just implemented as features a few weeks ago.

At any rate … linky. I don’t think anyone can really argue with Forbes, although I’ll admit, I have no idea how Forbes calculates those figures … possibly solely on their annual reports/cash.

While Apple is rated highly, Google isn’t far behind, but Google has a massive product portfolio to maintain/expand, while Apple has a very small dedicated product portfolio.

Don’t put all your Apples in the one basket …

[QUOTE=ivid;2611503]"I Can’t wait too see how they try to copy Siri.[/QUOTE]
Ever heard of Iris for Android??

[QUOTE=debro;2611540]Samsung are not the leaders in tablets. …[/QUOTE]

Deb, seems they are. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is considered to be the best or let us say one of the best tablets at the moment.

What concerns the battery problem of iPhone 4/4S:

You don’t need a workaround, just have turned on features you really need. If you turn off features like push, location services, BT etc. you can get a normal battery life.
One trick is always forgotten though, it was published after months of experimenting: sign off Apple Store and close the app.

Peace.