Apple's iOS continues to be the dominant media tablet operating system

vbimport

Can someone explain why everyone continues to purchase Apple phones and tablets, while there is Android? :wink:

Because Apple is easy as pie, while Android suffers from a little more experience?

Because Apple looks like a luxury car instead of a multifunctional one?

Because Apple was the first and has a loyal share of fan worldwide?

Because Apple is great at creating things you think you want. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2629879]Because Apple is great at creating things you think you want. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

and make you want to pay more than it’s worth. :bigsmile:

@Wombler (can’t quote or copy text for some reason)
I think it’s more like they make stuff the sheep think they want. I got given an ipod and didn’t even open it, I just handed it to my 3yo. He opened it and played with it for a bit before flinging it across the room screaming this thing is stupid. I give him my Android device and he sits there for hours with it.

[QUOTE=slayerking;2629993I think it’s more like they make stuff the sheep think they want. I got given an ipod and didn’t even open it, I just handed it to my 3yo. He opened it and played with it for a bit before flinging it across the room screaming this thing is stupid. I give him my Android device and he sits there for hours with it.[/QUOTE]

Your experience about sums up what the real value of the products really is a luxury item and Status mostly that most can live without and use other products that will better suit their needs.

The more the question is posed – “Why is iOS dominant in comparison to Android?” – the more I find myself irked. I know there is someone coming around the bend to bash one or the other, when they are both genuinely useful.

There is something to be had in either platform. There are positives and negatives to either platform. Whichever fits into your life at the time, you get it.

At least, that’s what I think. I’m aware that the rest of the world isn’t like me. But considering that I manage to make the best of whatever tool I have, I suppose I’m not really one to try to respond to this question.

iOS simply caters to one way of thinking and use; Android, something different altogether. I can do so much more to Android, and I can play around with Android so much more; that environment makes me think, explore, try new applications left and right. iOS, on the other hand, is about consistency; you find something you like, you find a work flow, and you appreciate that it doesn’t change too terribly much.

Like I said, neither setup gets it perfect. For me, neither environment comes close to perfection whatsoever. I cursed my Android phone like I imagine I would an Android tablet, like I curse my Windows Phone device, like I curse my iOS devices, like I curse anything I use. I just don’t see the point in trying to say that one is less curse-worthy than the other. So when Apple’s commercials come on the television or pop up as “news”, I watch them, chuckle, and move on; when I see people hugging iPads and iPhones, I know they are not aware of all the things possible with their devices. It’s simply the culture we have in certain parts of the world that drive us to flock to Apple’s land of technology, even though (in an ideal world) Android could be just as popular (and Android would be perceived to work with the same level of ease).

albert/denominator
I think the reason is Apple has a very good operating
system on it’s ipads. The new hd features on it’s newest
ipad is an example of that. The audio is very good, the ability
to talk face to face to a person on another ipad is okay.
However I agree that android is very good also. The
fact that you can watch flash video is a feature I myself happen
to like a lot. The android honycomb,new icecream sandwhich
operating systems are very good too. I agree that for the money,
and that most of the apps are the same. I would go with
android.
ZAP:iagree:

[QUOTE=zap em;2630086]albert/denominator
I think the reason is Apple has a very good operating
system on it’s ipads. The new hd features on it’s newest
ipad is an example of that. The audio is very good, the ability
to talk face to face to a person on another ipad is okay.
[/QUOTE]
I think Apple has a very good marketing department … and everyone knows that $1 spent on marketing is better than $1 spent on product improvement.

I was chatting face to face with my friend in Iran using oovoo, which I installed from the Android market. Apparently I can video chat with upto 6 people in the same conversation … I haven’t tested that feature yet.

Cummon we all know Apple sells overpriced junk now, don’t we? :stuck_out_tongue: Kidding aside, I find iOS much more eye friendly even compared to the new icecream, however their price plus no flexibility and jail-brake necessity makes it useless for me.

[QUOTE=debro;2631584]
I was chatting face to face with my friend in Iran using oovoo, which I installed from the Android market. Apparently I can video chat with upto 6 people in the same conversation … I haven’t tested that feature yet.[/QUOTE]Hey, I was looking for an app to do just that, thanks :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=slayerking;2629993]@Wombler (can’t quote or copy text for some reason)
I think it’s more like they make stuff the sheep think they want. I got given an ipod and didn’t even open it, I just handed it to my 3yo. He opened it and played with it for a bit before flinging it across the room screaming this thing is stupid. I give him my Android device and he sits there for hours with it.[/QUOTE]

Remember to learn your kid Linux when he wants to/is ready for it. I heard lots of stories from kids who taught themselves Linux and were kinda surprised that other operating systems weren’t that logical. :slight_smile: