Apple Watch doesn’t work well with tattooed arms

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Apple Watch doesn’t work well with tattooed arms[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/04/myce-apple-watch-tattoos-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

The Apple Watch doesn’t work as intended on tattooed arms, the tattoos confuse the wrist detection feature of the watch.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/apple-watch-doesnt-work-well-with-tattooed-arms-75919/](http://www.myce.com/news/apple-watch-doesnt-work-well-with-tattooed-arms-75919/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Well, I dont have any stamps or tatoos, so when and if I get one I hope it will work. LOL.

Meanwhile, the $30 analog/digital “dumb” watch that I picked up at Target last year is still chugging along, doing the one thing a watch is supposed to do: tell me the current time. :wink:

Just get skin colored tattoos. :bigsmile:

I can just imagine the support calls.

“Ah but you should have got the special iTattoos…”. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2752987]I can just imagine the support calls.

“Ah but you should have got the special iTattoos…”. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE] Obviously its the ink in the tatoos that is obstructing the watch from operating properly. Because if it was color, the watch would only work on Caucasians. What about the red, yellow, brown, black, people? What about Bruce Banner?:bigsmile::bigsmile:

From the article:

The culprit is the watch’s wrist detection feature that needs the reflection of green and infrared light to work properly.

It seems it is color.
Think of the “green” screen that is used in movies & TV to get certain effects.
I know they use green screen on the local weather report here. This sometimes cause odd effects if the weather girl wears certain colors .
As long as the tatoo didn’t contain any red or green ink it probably would work.
I also don’t think black ink would reflect light very well.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2752996]What about Bruce Banner?:bigsmile::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I don’t think anyone would risk tattooing him Alan! :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=cholla;2752999]From the article:

It seems it is color.
Think of the “green” screen that is used in movies & TV to get certain effects.
I know they use green screen on the local weather report here. This sometimes cause odd effects if the weather girl wears certain colors .
As long as the tatoo didn’t contain any red or green ink it probably would work.
I also don’t think black ink would reflect light very well.[/QUOTE]

Black absorbs all colours of light so that’s probably what the problem is and it’s the most common colour too for tattoos. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2753070]I don’t think anyone would risk tattooing him Alan! :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE] He is green already. Can he buy an Apple watch?And by the way Black and White are not considered colors.:bigsmile:

He is green already. Can he buy an Apple watch?
Only if it has an elastic wristband that expands when he Hulks out…

[QUOTE=Wombler;2753071]Black absorbs all colours of light so that’s probably what the problem is and it’s the most common colour too for tattoos. :[/QUOTE]
The article stated it was the green & red that caused the problem .
The black doesn’t reflect very well though so is also part of the problem IMO. The black could also have some green or red ink mixed in to change its’ shade . If that is done it would interfere for that reason as well.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2753075]
And by the way Black and White are not considered colors.:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I knew that . alan must be a car painter because a friend of mine was.
He always corrected me when I referred to black or white as a color.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2753075]He is green already. Can he buy an Apple watch?And by the way Black and White are not considered colors.:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Likewise with silver! :slight_smile:

I used to work in a stationery wholesalers in a former life. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2753070]I don’t think anyone would risk tattooing him Alan! :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

I’m pretty sure my M.I.L. would !! :bigsmile: :iagree:
And he’d be a good boy! :iagree: