Apple unveils iPad, basically a huge iPod Touch

vbimport

I just posted the article Apple unveils iPad, basically a huge iPod Touch.

Throw away the rumors, concept sketches and speculation; Apple’s tablet, the iPad, is finally real.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/apple-unveils-ipad-basically-a-huge-ipod-touch-25360/](http://www.myce.com/news/apple-unveils-ipad-basically-a-huge-ipod-touch-25360/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Another glaring omission is the lack of Adobe Flash support on the web. That’s a big fail for the iPad IMO.

Apple’s iPad event: What we didn’t get http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/64364

Think I might settle on a netbook for the next year or 2, wait a couple of generations for this thing to “mature” (multitasking, more features…).

Don’t know if I should like it either. However, what I don’t understand is that people see the lack of webcam as a problem. I have a webcam on both my netbook as my notebook, and I never use it :disagree:

They sure made a big hype of it :slight_smile:

Forget the camera - but where is flash? where is hdmi? where is multi-tasking? where is a netbook competitive price?Sure, these functionalities are all to come in the next generations. iPad 3GS+ models probably.

Oh and why buy a data-plan if all you are intended to do with the iPad is to sit on the couch, don’t we all have wi-fi?

[QUOTE=Blu-rayFreak;2489475]Another glaring omission is the lack of Adobe Flash support on the web. That’s a big fail for the iPad IMO.[/QUOTE]

Exactly . . . :clap:

Looking forward to Flash on iPhone as well :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Blu-rayFreak;2489475]Another glaring omission is the lack of Adobe Flash support on the web. That’s a big fail for the iPad IMO.[/QUOTE]
:agree: I see it the same way. It’s the same with the iPhone.

Having troubles too Herbert? :slight_smile:

If must say when i saw Steve introducing this thing i had to laugh at the way he said you could go on the internet and make the page do whatever you wanted it to do with your hands :rolleyes:

I sure people will waste their money on these things…

Picture of packaging has been uh… leaked! :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=MP|3;2489675]Looking forward to Flash on iPhone as well :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

IMO, the ISP networks hate Flash because it’s so bandwidth intensive. They are already having issues with keeping up with just the non iPhone users, just think how bad it would be if all of the iPhone users had full flash capability on the devices. I think the network would “burn to the ground” sort of speak if it was loaded up with all of that traffic.

I don’t think they will implement Flash any time soon due to that.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2489688]Picture of packaging has been uh… leaked! :stuck_out_tongue:
[/QUOTE]

Lol! iSlate would have sounded better in my opinion.

[QUOTE=DOS_equis;2489726]IMO, the ISP networks hate Flash because it’s so bandwidth intensive. They are already having issues with keeping up with just the non iPhone users, just think how bad it would be if all of the iPhone users had full flash capability on the devices. I think the network would “burn to the ground” sort of speak if it was loaded up with all of that traffic.

I don’t think they will implement Flash any time soon due to that.[/QUOTE]

Could be indeed… so you think Apple is willing to allow it, but is afraid of the networks?

[QUOTE=MP|3;2489731]Could be indeed… so you think Apple is willing to allow it, but is afraid of the networks?[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn’t apple want Flash on their device? Unless there is something I’m missing, there should be no reason for Apple to “ban” Flash content on it. I’m sure, by the sounds of it, that you along with many others would like to have access to Flash content on web pages especially since it’s the main way webmasters add media content to their pages.

I don’t have an iPhone but I know that if I dropped money on a new, shiny, web-enabled device it better damn well play anything I want to look at.

Apple doesn’t want Adobe Flash because it allows applications and games to circumvent it’s tightly controlled application eco-system (appstore). Apple doesn’t want to give up the control (and profit) over controlling all the apps.

[QUOTE=MP|3;2489680]Having troubles too Herbert? :)[/QUOTE]

No iPhone, no troubles with flash ;). I just hate it to surf with my wife’s iPhone because of the no flash support. imo it’s a must for todays smartphones.

The lack of Flash support is probably due to the upcoming HTML5 and their preference for H.264 video.

Although I do agree we need flash, I don’t see it as a major problem though. Fortunately, not a lot of sites use flash nowadays for their main navigation.