Apple side steps taxes legally

vbimport

Guy’s
Apple who has no problem charging
everyone taxes when you pay their outragous
prices. Is side stepping paying theirs
tthrough off shore accounts?
Zap:(http://www.statesman.com/business/apple-legally-sidesteps-billions-in-taxes-2330911.html

Since the USA now has the highest corporate tax rates in the world, I don’t blame them. I am for no lobbyist created tax loopholes and every corporation paying the same rate regardless of size. Until this happens I will not slam companies for taking advantage of every legal means to avoid paying taxes. Don’t be outraged at Apple. Be outraged at the federal government.

[QUOTE=UTR;2632455]Since the USA now has the highest corporate tax rates in the world, I don’t blame them. I am for no lobbyist created tax loopholes and every corporation paying the same rate regardless of size. Until this happens I will not slam companies for taking advantage of every legal means to avoid paying taxes. Don’t be outraged at Apple. Be outraged at the federal government.[/QUOTE]
Apple have been avoiding paying taxes across the entire world.

Regardless of whether they legally can not pay taxes … responsibly, they should pay taxes.

Apple (and Microsoft) are Bad Corporate Citizens.

Just remember any corporate tax is in the end is a consumer tax . They pass it on as cost like any other cost they have. So the higher the corporate tax is the more we pay.

Not that we can just let corporations run amuck but there is a better way .

Just one part would be they pay their employees at all levels much better & the government gets the tax from the employees. From both income tax & increased spending creating more sales tax revenue.

[QUOTE=debro;2632494]Apple have been avoiding paying taxes across the entire world.

Regardless of whether they legally can not pay taxes … responsibly, they should pay taxes.

Apple (and Microsoft) are Bad Corporate Citizens.[/QUOTE]

They should pay what the law requires. If the law lets them minimize their tax liability through legal means then they should do it. I take every deduction I am allowed as does almost everyone else. I don’t see where I can demand more of Apple than I demand of myself.

As cholla stated, any corporate/business tax is passed on to the consumer. When you say corporation should pay more taxes then they will charge more for their goods and services. In the end the consumer [B]always[/B] pays the tab. IMO, the best solution is for the government to stop wasting the money they receive and lower everyone’s taxes. The US government is at the point it takes so much from the private sector and regulates so much that we are all suffering though slow economic growth and anemic job creation. If we don’t lower corporate taxes then we will see even more jobs leave the country as there are more business friendly countries to operate from.

Guy’s
you know I understand your points,but mine is
The government want’s everyone to pay taxes[at least
here in the united states] on everything. Your yearly income,
the products you buy etc… My problem is these billion dollar
corporations get away with murder.
Zap

Actually, it is the government that creates the loopholes for these companies to slip through. Who do we blame? The company that is abiding by the law or the government that allows them to do it?

The old everybody else pay taxes but not me just wish the not me was me

[QUOTE=cholla;2632525]Just remember any corporate tax is in the end is a consumer tax . They pass it on as cost like any other cost they have. So the higher the corporate tax is the more we pay.[/QUOTE]
But apple isn’t paying the due tax, due to loopholes, therefore affording them to lower their prices and providing an unfair advantage over other companies that are doing the right thing.

[QUOTE=UTR;2632543]They should pay what the law requires. If the law lets them minimize their tax liability through legal means then they should do it. I take every deduction I am allowed as does almost everyone else. I don’t see where I can demand more of Apple than I demand of myself.

IMO, the best solution is for the government to stop wasting the money they receive and lower everyone’s taxes. The US government is at the point it takes so much from the private sector and regulates so much that we are all suffering though slow economic growth and anemic job creation. If we don’t lower corporate taxes then we will see even more jobs leave the country as there are more business friendly countries to operate from.[/QUOTE]
Actually, you should. If every person in the USA had the means to avoid paying huge chunks of their taxes through some vague, convoluted, loophole that required many hours/days for teams of lawyers to figure out, the government would go broke.

If you did it, they’d close the loophole and throw you in gaol, or at least start making you pay your proper taxes.

If Apple paid it’s taxes, the US government could actually afford a proper medical system, and you’d all have free (basic) medical cover, and the insurance companies wouldn’t be taking you all for a ride …

At any rate … you are deluding yourself if you think that lowering taxes will result in lots of companies happily re-establishing in the USA if taxes were lower … assuming that a company is making 30% profit, a product costs 30%, labour costs the other 40% … and China or third world countries can slash the labour cost by 90% …

Apple moved production overseas … that’s the training ground for future scientists/engineers that are designing the products.
Apple is already moving overseas, if not now, in the next 10 years … because that’s where the engineers and scientists are (will be). Arguing in Apples favor because of good ole US patriotism to US companies, is just giving into Apple’s good ole patriot-washing, and it’s just pure folly.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:[QUOTE=debro;2632612]But apple isn’t paying the due tax, due to loopholes, therefore affording them to lower their prices and providing an unfair advantage over other companies that are doing the right thing.

Actually, you should. If every person in the USA had the means to avoid paying huge chunks of their taxes through some vague, convoluted, loophole that required many hours/days for teams of lawyers to figure out, the government would go broke.

If you did it, they’d close the loophole and throw you in gaol, or at least start making you pay your proper taxes.

If Apple paid it’s taxes, the US government could actually afford a proper medical system, and you’d all have free (basic) medical cover, and the insurance companies wouldn’t be taking you all for a ride …

At any rate … you are deluding yourself if you think that lowering taxes will result in lots of companies happily re-establishing in the USA if taxes were lower … assuming that a company is making 30% profit, a product costs 30%, labour costs the other 40% … and China or third world countries can slash the labour cost by 90% …

Apple moved production overseas … that’s the training ground for future scientists/engineers that are designing the products.
Apple is already moving overseas, if not now, in the next 10 years … because that’s where the engineers and scientists are (will be). Arguing in Apples favor because of good ole US patriotism to US companies, is just giving into Apple’s good ole patriot-washing, and it’s just pure folly.[/QUOTE]

High taxes and over regulation sure isn’t keeping companies and their jobs in the USA. We have been losing bother for decades. When Japan lowers their corporate tax rates to spur economic growth it is hard to deny that the USA needs to do the same.

@ debro , I have to be with UTR on this . As long as there are loopholes for companies to use . Apple is not only company using them or Congress wouldn’t have been lobbied with enough money to get the loopholes passed. There is nothing wrong with companies using legal loopholes . The wrong is in the money they lobby(bribe) Congress with . Which we consumers also pick up the tab for.

The answer to getting companies manufacturing goods & selling them in the US is the correct import & export tax structure. For example if it cost $500.00 per pair of Nike’s just to import them I don’t think we would see many. The same for export if a bushel of grain had a $500.00 export tax I don’t think the US would be shipping any out. In the long run the US would be better off . That would force the US to become self sufficient which we were at one time & can be again.
The problem lies with our politicians & those of other countries moving toward a one world government . When that comes most of us will be slaves whether that is what we’re called or not. I’m old enough that I will only see the beginning of a one world government & I hope I’m dead before they really get it going . It could move faster than I think though. If that happens I guess I will be killed by the government because I will be one of the patriots like those that started this country . I will have a gun in my hand & firing at the government that is no longer for & by the people.