Apple shows off iPad Air!

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Apple shows off iPad Air![newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2012/08/Apple-Logo.png[/newsimage]

Apple shows off new iPad Air and iPad Mini with retina display

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/apple-shows-off-ipad-air-69245/](http://www.myce.com/news/apple-shows-off-ipad-air-69245/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

not to me I could care less.

2013 MacBook Pro has PCIe SSD as expected.

I want one. This is fantastic engineering. Smaller/thinner, lighter and more powerful with same great battery life. The new MacPro is the killer machine though. Insane processing power and design, but for a price (although reasonable considering what is inside). And I don’t even like Macs !

[QUOTE=ivid;2705759]I want one. This is fantastic engineering. Smaller/thinner, lighter and more powerful with same great battery life. The new MacPro is the killer machine though. Insane processing power and design, but for a price (although reasonable considering what is inside). And I don’t even like Macs ![/QUOTE]

TBH I agree with you and I also think this is an impressive engineering feat.

I’m still sticking to my Google Nexus 7 (2013) though. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=ivid;2705759]I want one. This is fantastic engineering. Smaller/thinner, lighter and more powerful with same great battery life. The new MacPro is the killer machine though. Insane processing power and design, but for a price (although reasonable considering what is inside). And I don’t even like Macs ![/QUOTE]

Coming in December. Apple should make Windows PC based on nearly the same hardware.

The big upgrade is in the wifi… nothing these or Android tablets do are vastly improved other than the wifi (dual antennas). Notice after 3 years w/ 64gb tablets on the market, the price for a 64gb tablet (version) has NOT come down any in price.

That’s assuming that thermal cooling column works as advertised.

[QUOTE=yojimbo197;2705819]That’s assuming that thermal cooling column works as advertised.[/QUOTE]

The whole body of 2013 Mac Pro looks similar to Zalman’s Reserator liquid cooler. I had one Reserator. It had no rotating fan, but the massive body helped to maintain temperature on CPU, GPU, and other parts at about the ambient temperature. The large heatsink may not be as powerful as cooling fans of high RPM, but I think it’s far more efficient (especially for those who want smaller form factor and much reduced noise.) Mac Pro has a big fan for extracting the heat collected from the large heatsink. I hope it’s easy to adjust the fan’s RPM.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2705685]2013 MacBook Pro has PCIe SSD as expected.

http://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/features-retina/[/QUOTE]
Anyone know who is the manufactorer of the PCI-E SSD ( 512GB) on the 15" Macbook Pro? That SSD alone should cost about 700USD and the whole computer is only 2,599, so you may be be calling me " Mac" soon LOL.:wink:

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2706551]The whole body of 2013 Mac Pro looks similar to Zalman’s Reserator liquid cooler. I had one Reserator. It had no rotating fan, but the massive body helped to maintain temperature on CPU, GPU, and other parts at about the ambient temperature. The large heatsink may not be as powerful as cooling fans of high RPM, but I think it’s far more efficient (especially for those who want smaller form factor and much reduced noise.) Mac Pro has a big fan for extracting the heat collected from the large heatsink. I hope it’s easy to adjust the fan’s RPM.[/QUOTE]

I’ve seen the design and read about the way its theoretically supposed to work. However, they are also claiming to allow workstation performance using up to two pro level video cards and up to 2 xeon 12 core CPU’s if what I have read is true. That’s a lot of heat to dissipate. And the unit is even smaller than the last set of MacPro’s, concentrating all that heat in something as big or a little bit smaller than a bathroom wastebin.

As far as the fan adjustment, I doubt they will make it easy. From past experience, Apple errs on the side of low noise/virtually silent fans with their stock settings. The only way I’ve been able to adjust the fans in my MacPro is to get smcFan control installed and then setup a fan profile. Of course now its noisy, but my CPU core temps went from mid 60’s-70oC down to 37-43oC at 100% load.

I’m impressed with the engineering but not the price. No USB, Flash, or micro SD memory slot? Pfft!!

16GB - $499
32GB - $599
64GB - $699
128GB - $799

Hahahaha. Stupid iSheep.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2706958]I’m impressed with the engineering but not the price. No USB, Flash, or micro SD memory slot? Pfft!!

16GB - $499
32GB - $599
64GB - $699
128GB - $799
[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The Ipad2 is a decent device but to still have it commanding a $400 pricetag for the 16GB is insane. You can get the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 with 16GB for $370 right now, add a 32GB class 10 mem card for a whopping $20. So for less than $400 you get a device with 48GB worth of memory (onboard and micro sd) and comparable functionality.

I like some of Apple products. I’ve been using only iPhones for 5 years. A cellphone can save lives, so reliability, chance of simple, quick use of functions is a must. No tweeking and tricking here.
A Tablet is another case. In this regard a closed - though reliable - OS that is limited in functions and possibilities is not enough for me. As I use lately mainly my Tablet at home, I need freedom of tweeking, accessing its file system, using an USB stick, downloading and uploading to it anything I like, IOS is a no go for me. Despite these facts I was planning to buy an iPad for a simple reason. I wanted to use an external bluetooth keyboard with a non-US layout with my Android Tablet. It turned out that the special characters can not be displayed even with a genuine non-US layout keyboard only with some tricks. Fortunately some days ago I found a wonderful app by a Sweedish guy that overcomes this problem of special characters. I bought a bluetooth keyboard, of course it is an Apple, and now I can work at home w/o turning my PC on.
To cut the long story short, no iPad for me for a while though iPad Air is a decent device.

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;2707142]The Ipad2 is a decent device[/QUOTE]

Indeed,it still is…and while the high price isn’t justified anymore,most people,including me,won’t replace it…

TBH I like iPads but I do think they’re becoming increasingly overpriced as the competition has caught up and has even in some instances bettered them now.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Just finished reading an iPad thread in another Forum. Jeeees, what kind of problems do they have to solve. How to download an .mkv file, how to play it etc… And all those tricks to download and upload to the device, if they want to avoid iTunes.
Android is far from being perfect, but what is natural on daily basis for its users, is a challenge for iPaders.

Air? Wasn’t that what the Emperor’s New Clothes were made of?

A vain Emperor who cares about nothing except wearing and displaying clothes hires two swindlers who promise him the finest, best suit of clothes from a fabric invisible to anyone who is unfit for his position or “hopelessly stupid”.

Sound familiar?

[QUOTE=alan1476;2706586]Anyone know who is the manufactorer of the PCI-E SSD ( 512GB) on the 15" Macbook Pro? That SSD alone should cost about 700USD and the whole computer is only 2,599, so you may be be calling me " Mac" soon LOL.;)[/QUOTE]

I think it’s Samsung’s XP941 or its successor.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2707281]I think it’s Samsung’s XP941 or its successor.[/QUOTE]

The cheapest 13-inch configuration with 1TB PCIe was US$2,299.

2.6GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
1TB PCIe-based Flash Storage

US$2,799 for 15-inch, 2.0GHz Quad-core, 8GB, and 1TB PCIe.

Latest Ativ Book 9 Plus (for US$1,799) has Haswell, 512GB SSD, 3200 x 1800 display, no 802.11ac, no Thunderbolt.