Apple preparing 24 million next-gen iPhones

vbimport

I just posted the article Apple preparing 24 million next-gen iPhones.

A report published on Digitimes indicates Apple is quietly preparing to ship 4.5 million iPhone units at launch along with 20 million units before the end of the year.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/apple-preparing-24-million-next-gen-iphones-29813/](http://www.myce.com/news/apple-preparing-24-million-next-gen-iphones-29813/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I honestly don’t see the big deal. So a few people decided to wait for the new phone. You lost a few bucks. It’s not like the people would have bought a 3G iPhone and then 2 months later turned around and bought the 4G. Right? Am I right?

As much as I loathe Apple, I am looking forward to seeing the next Touch. I’m sure it’ll have the iPhone’s 960x640 screen. Why can’t someone come out with a nice Android PMP to kick Apple’s ass?

Hello? Anybody out there? … Bueller?

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2518844]I honestly don’t see the big deal. So a few people decided to wait for the new phone. You lost a few bucks. It’s not like the people would have bought a 3G iPhone and then 2 months later turned around and bought the 4G. Right? Am I right?

As much as I loathe Apple, I am looking forward to seeing the next Touch. I’m sure it’ll have the iPhone’s 960x640 screen. Why can’t someone come out with a nice Android PMP to kick Apple’s ass?

Hello? Anybody out there? … Bueller?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wish they would too… Creative which made the Zen Vision M had a great fanbase for a while, but squandered development while the company tanked in its sales. There is a legitimate market for PMPs which have an o/s, wifi & applications in addtion to the multimedia functions and an expandable cardslot-- however few companies seem willing to take that risk. The cost of post-paid cell phone service (which has a monopoly on smart handsets) comes at quite a premium in total cost of ownership… that’s what all this fanaticism amount to-- a large payday for Apple and AT&T. I’d rather keep a simple pre-paid phone & have a pimped out PMP at an affordable price… but few companies are stepping up to the plate… maybe Microsoft? who knows…

Has anyone seen the news report where Foxconn employees are committing Suicide. 8 of them just in the last year. I think they only get paid 133 dollars a month. that Sucks A**