Apple issues patch for critical Java flaw

I just posted the article Apple issues patch for critical Java flaw.

Apple has finally released a patch for the critical exploit that even affected Apple employees.

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/apple-issues-patch-for-critical-java-flaw-66246/](http://www.myce.com/news/apple-issues-patch-for-critical-java-flaw-66246/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Guess the bad press for their lack of fixing previous problems has them thinking a new thinking…maybe…but their lack of addressing past problems in timely manners is usually a good indication of how they view security.

I thought Apple was immune to trojans and virii…

But they not immune to worms.

What’s worse than finding a worm in an Apple?

Finding half a worm…

not if you like meat

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2678196]What’s worse than finding a worm in an Apple?[/QUOTE] An enchanted apple given by the witch to Snow White?

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2678190]I thought Apple was immune to trojans and virii…[/QUOTE]

Nothing’s immume to trojans, viruses, or other malware.

It just depends on whether the hackers think it’s worthwhile developing specific malware for a particular platform.

Windows is more popular so it’s targetted most.

Apple is always very reluctant to admit security problems and has been criticised widely for underplaying malware infections in the past.

This time round they didn’t have any choice though as it was a critical flaw that had to be dealt with immediately.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2678232]
Apple is always very reluctant to admit security problems and has been criticised widely for underplaying malware infections in the past.

This time round they didn’t have any choice though as it was a critical flaw that had to be dealt with immediately.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

That’s if they users admit to Apple having a problem as well.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2678236]That’s if they users admit to Apple having a problem as well.[/QUOTE]

That’s very true and was also mentioned in the original thread here. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Gee, Apple comps are just as vulnerable as any other machine… who would have guessed?

Wait… I did!!!:iagree: