Apple in talks with major labels to go DRM-free

vbimport

I just posted the article Apple in talks with major labels to go DRM-free.

Apple is back in talks again with the major labels Sony BMG, Warner and Universal about offering their music without DRM. According to c|net, it is still in the early stages yet with no deals…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15228-Apple-in-talks-with-major-labels-to-go-DRM-free.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15228-Apple-in-talks-with-major-labels-to-go-DRM-free.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Why would anyone EVER buy a song with DRM attatched to it ?
Are people really that stupid ??? That would be as dumb as paying .99 for 1 song …lol Puuhhhhlleeeeezzzzz

…and lossy to boot! The only time I listen to lossy formats is when I am mowing the lawn or when I need a portable format which is hardly ever. Maybe if they offered the lossless version for $1, it would be a deal. Usually, most albums, have “filler” songs that aren’t worth a squirt of piss. Paying $12-16 dollars for a CD with only one or two good songs is just insane nowadays.

They should give the music away for free and Apple charge more for the iPod! Music companies should not charge for their lossy music and just use the lossy music to help push the Artist and their concerts and take a share of the proceeds on concerts and paraphenalia.

They could peddle them around on TV shows and cable too, selling ads to sponsors for money. Or better yet, corporations could pay to have the “celebrities” show up at their places of business. OMG it’s 50 cent and he’s at the Taco Bell OMFG!!!

If they gave it to Apple they would promote the new songs on the itunes page and generate interest for the artist. then they could sell tickets or Brittany Spears sweat, Justin Timberlakes underwear or whatever…

“should not charge for their lossy music and just use the lossy music to help push the Artist and their concerts and take a share of the proceeds on concerts and paraphenalia.”

OMG, great minds do think alike, lol!! Crabby, thats exactly what I was thinking and putting down on the board. :slight_smile:

Artist need to realize that the internet isn’t a bane and could be a boon. Like you said before me :slight_smile: , they could make all kinds of money and still be happy with more tangible business ventures.