Apple hit with iPad misrepresentation lawsuit

vbimport

Apple hit with iPad misrepresentation lawsuit.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/07/qjOqtW.jpg[/newsimage]a82f2717cf534870aab24bfdca514d53 Apple is facing a new legal battle, this time for alleged issues with the computer giant’s popular iPad tablet device. A class-action lawsuit has been filed in the state of California by three residents who are accusing Apple of misrepresenting the iPad in marketing campaigns.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/apple-hit-with-ipad-misrepresentation-lawsuit-32485/](http://www.myce.com/news/apple-hit-with-ipad-misrepresentation-lawsuit-32485/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

(DISCLAIMER: What you are about to read (if you choose to read it) is only my opinion. It is not a fact substantiated by any research. It is only my opinion, based on statements/opinions I’ve read on various web sites discussing Apple products.)

I’ve always felt that Steve Jobs (and his company as a result) is one of the most arrogant, conman-like control-freak executives there is. However, he is extremely good at selling his products. As a result, Apple has an incredibly large, almost cult-like following of people who are not only willing, but are anxious, to stand in lines (for days sometimes) to be among the first to get the next not-so-great, over-hyped Apple product. I think people are starting to wake up to the fact that Apple may not be what they think it is.

(ANOTHER DISCLAIMER: For anyone who now thinks I’m just a Microsoft zombie, I’m not. Other than computer accessories (mice and keyboards) and possibly the ZuneHD, I don’t think of Microsoft as a hardware company. I don’t actually own a ZuneHD, and my cell phone is a Blackberry.)

Can you view a screen of any kind well in direct sunlight?

[QUOTE=justcallmebob;2534912]Can you view a screen of any kind well in direct sunlight?[/QUOTE] Yes! :smiley:

Pffffft . . . :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=justcallmebob;2534912]Can you view a screen of any kind well in direct sunlight?[/QUOTE]

Actually, yes. I have both a Sony e-Reader and a Kindle, and both have the eInk displays that I’ve used quite comfortably in direct sunlight. Great for reading by the pool, as long as there’s not a lot of splashing going on :slight_smile:

The amount of light density coming out of any LCD or LED display can never be compared to sunlight,so if some one can read apple or any other display he has to read them in shade direct sunlight, No man no you cannot ! not comfortable to your eyes. shekar avadhani

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2534924]Yes! :smiley:

[/QUOTE]

HA that was good.

Yet another frivolous Lawsuit in the “Mrrkin” Courts.
Remember when Apple was suing everybody and their dog over “Look and Feel”?
What goes around comes around.

[QUOTE=wconeybeer;2534939]Actually, yes. I have both a Sony e-Reader and a Kindle, and both have the eInk displays that I’ve used quite comfortably in direct sunlight. Great for reading by the pool, as long as there’s not a lot of splashing going on :)[/QUOTE]

haven’t seen either of those . . .

I can view a real live book that has actual pages made of paper (made from a renewable resource: trees!) and ink (I’m too lazy to research the environmental devastation this product leaves in it’s wake, or it’s effects on global warming, or if it’s listed in Al Gore’s ‘1,000,001 Things That Are Killing Earth And They Must DIE’ book, if in fact he has such a book), perfectly fine in the sun, especially when wearing sunglasses. But then people wouldn’t look at me with the respect and awe a digital reader owner commands, and I couldn’t live with myself if people didn’t think I was better than they…

The e-ink display is one of the major reasons I’m considering purchasing a Kindle e-reader, but I’m looking forward to the full color versions that will be available in the near future.

Considering all the book our family has and all the space they take up I can see getting some kind of e-reader, especially for one’s I might only want to read once.
I finally got myself a media player becuase I was tired of burning all my caps to DVD to watch them then having to store all the disks.
If I can make a copy if I want or print out parts I might need I’m good to go.
I do that now with PDF car repair manuals and others. I can buy the disk version way cheaper and have perfect or close enough printouts of any pages and diagrams I need. I do like physical media but my house is only so big:rolleyes:

Harumph!
I told them not to drink the Kool-aide!