Apple debuts OS X Lion, new Macbook Air, Mac Mini & more

vbimport

Apple debuts OS X Lion, new Macbook Air, Mac Mini & more.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2011/07/4qxPtc.jpg[/newsimage]With the release of Mac OS X Lion came updates to some of Apple's hardware options.  The rumored Macbook Air update happened today along with updated Mac Mini's and new Cinema Displays.  

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/apple-debuts-os-x-lion-new-macbook-air-mac-mini-more-48753/](http://www.myce.com/news/apple-debuts-os-x-lion-new-macbook-air-mac-mini-more-48753/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

And so the question begs? So what does Microsoft have to worry about they command over 90% of the market share and W7 is gaining ground. Since XP support is being phased out W7 is becoming the new kid on the block in O/S standard for windows platform now. Even I am using W7x86 Ult right now. Mac had it’s time in the beginning when it could’ve dominated Windows but missteps and steep price to use their O/S cost them dearly in enduser adopting their O/S as the standard O/S to use world wide.

I like Windows 7, and I’ll admit, I like OS X just as much. What MS has to worry about is that Apple markets well, much better than they do. However, in this economy a Windows 7 PC/Laptop is simply a more economical choice for the masses. A struggling middle class family in these times is not going to select a Mac and they will not lose any sleep selecting a Windows 7 platform.

Still Apple will succeed, just not in the desktop computing world like Microsoft has. OS X is here to stay and I don’t think that is a bad thing. Linux, unfortunately, I am not so sure about. I like and use flavors of that too. While I find it usable, it does not appeal to the masses like OS X does; like Windows does.

[QUOTE=SithTracy;2597053]
Still Apple will succeed, just not in the desktop computing world like Microsoft has. OS X is here to stay and I don’t think that is a bad thing. Linux, unfortunately, I am not so sure about. I like and use flavors of that too. While I find it usable, it does not appeal to the masses like OS X does; like Windows does.[/QUOTE]

Well for one thing the computer and connections and servers you connect to are Unix aka Linux server so you want to rephrase that part. Actually succeed for Apple is in the eye of the beholder. They have yet to come down in apple computer prices once they do that then they can actually beat MS but not til then. Computers still dominate the market. And yes, price does make alot of sense to most consumers you either choose to eat or not eat and buy what is more available and gives consumer more expansion and varied software that doesn’t cost a arm and leg to buy it.

Well, we are talking about desktop computing, not data center computing. *nix is doing well there, but what does the OpenSource community gain there? What is going to happen to Solaris under the Oracle umbrella? I know my firm is going with a mix of Windows and BSD servers and getting rid of Solaris.

[QUOTE=SithTracy;2597124]Well, we are talking about desktop computing, not data center computing. *nix is doing well there, but what does the OpenSource community gain there? What is going to happen to Solaris under the Oracle umbrella? I know my firm is going with a mix of Windows and BSD servers and getting rid of Solaris.[/QUOTE]

Then you will still need Unix the original terminal to internet as a middle man to connect the two still. That just how it is otherwise your computer will just sit there and collect dust without internet the computer is not complete package system. Regardless without Unix ie Apache running the backbone you won’t connect to anywhere or anything on the internet aka fancy name “Cloud”. No internet and your desktop computing will just be that desktop computing and nothing more. It’s the connection to the Unix system that runs the internet and allows everyone to use the internet and work with all it’s system to work as the backbone we all use everyday without knowing much about or how it really works.