HP
Athlon 64 3200+ 318mhz
512 ram
Windows home XP with service pack 2
Toshiba ODD-DVD SD-R6252
NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go 64M

Clone DVD2 version 2.8.2.1
Anydvd 5.1.1.1

This is the deal. I burn and everything thing looks to be good. I try to play these burns in computer or either of my stand alone players and they end up hanging up. I have tried everything I know to do. I have tried different types of media and uninstalled and installed the software. Any ideas about what is going on? Should I scrap Clonedvd and just use Anydvd and buy another burning suite? I am upset because I tried these out on some older movies I bought first and they worked now with current films I am burning they will not. Cold Mountain and Taxi are the 2 latest screw ups.

Try creating an image with CloneDVD and before you burn it see if you can play the output from your hard drive. Mount the image with Virtual Clone Drive or equivalent software and load up your dvd playing software. If that plays fine then I’d highly suspect your media. If that does NOT play properly then something’s going wrong with the rip and transcode process. Either way, report your findings back here and we can go from there.

What media are you using and what speed are you burning at?

speaking of media, is dvd+r or dvd-r better? also which is the best blank media to use?

That is entirely dependant on the DVD player being used to playback. Some work fine with both +R and -R. Some work with just -R. A few work with +R. Some work with neither. :slight_smile: I hope that completely clears it up for you! :slight_smile:

i have a plus minus burner, just wondering if one had better quality, or which one is more popular. seems like the plus dvd’s are being used more.

I use plus exclusively unless it’s for a friend who can’t play them. I’ve found them to be far superior to the dash format, but, that is simply my opinion.

Only discs I ever have trouble with are +R Dual Layer my DVD player (Yamada) hates them. never bothered trying +R single layer as the -R ones work perfectly.

I only use +R. From my experiences burning with +R and the drive set to burn as DVD-Rom booktype the disk will play in almost any player.